Ingersoll Rand Account Manager in Alberta, Canada
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- Ingersoll Rand Districts and Customer Centres give you the opportunity to be part of a local business creating innovative customer solutions, focused on driving improved customer satisfaction. Become an integral part of a close-knit team environment, servicing diverse customers representing all facets of industry! Employees of Ingersoll Rand enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- This position is responsible for driving the Alberta District Sales activity for equipment, parts, service, and rentals.
- Travel in a defined geographic area, this includes quoting and strategizing, prospecting, and developing relationships; in order to achieve revenue targets, maximize profits, increase market share and maintain customer loyalty.
1) Generate Revenue: Develop lasting relationships with new and existing customers, including both Ingersoll Rand and competitive accounts. Dealer management including communications of programs, pricing updates, progress tracking, and motivation of dealer sales personnel to succeed in selling Ingersoll Rand products (new machines, accessories, parts, rentals, energy/efficiency audits, and service agreements. Keep current with all product knowledge and training needed. Safely and creatively provide solutions to customer needs.
- Responsible for managing and growing existing and new territory sales in an assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for annual sales targets and sales growth of products and services within our Alberta District.
- Responsible for the effective promotion of assigned products.
- Providing market and competitor analysis
- Securing long-term business development of Alberta business
2) Develop People - Provide selling skills and product/services training for dealer sales personnel as well as personnel within customer center.
3) Manage Cash - Ensure that all orders obtained are error-free. Ensure stakeholder resolution of all customer disputes. Manage all costs associated with selling efforts, including travel and entertainment expenditures.
4) Ensure adherence to safety rules (vehicle safety, customer site safety) in the field, as well as in any company or customer locations. Help maintain achievement of our goal of zero recordable injuries.
5) Earn Customer loyalty via troubleshooting in partnership with other stakeholders to resolve customer satisfaction issues. Managing orders and working closely with the service/parts team on active jobs. Service assistance as needed with product installation communications by resolving open issues.
6) Maintain and record opportunity pipeline, and face-to-face/telephone customer interactions ,in our IR order management system. Record order follow-up activities (e.g. delivery), reporting requirements (email) and database requirements. Provide feedback on market and competitive conditions.
- Continuously evaluate effectiveness of direct sales.
- Maintain current knowledge of the marketplace through regular contact with customers.
- Produce an annual sales plan encompassing all strategies pertinent to territory growth.
- Maintain an attitude and appearance commensurate with that of a thoroughly professional salesperson.
- Submit accurate expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Perform monthly plan and review process, including monthly forecasts.
- Work safe to ensure you and others around you remain safe without injury.
- Preference to applicants with Bachelors Degree.
- At least three years sales experience with industrial products and services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications required.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, including verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Alberta-Canada
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 4, 2018, 11:46:18 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.