Ingersoll Rand Air Compressor Service Technician in Alberta, Canada
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Field Service Technician serves customers by installing, trouble shooting, repairing and maintaining all makes of
rotary screw and reciprocating air compressors, along with additional compressed air system components. You will use
precision measuring tools for diagnostic trouble shooting of compressed air equipment. In addition, you need to have
knowledge of all operations and parts manuals associated with all equipment.
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
- Provides technical assistance on equipment start-ups, installations and repairs of compressed air systems. Including
“hands-on” work to assure equipment operates to customer’s requirements.
- Able to read wiring schematics and diagrams for all equipment.
- Serves as technical support for customers and Customer Service Managers.
- Documents service and installation activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklist and daily
- Increases Ingersoll Rand customer’s awareness of how Ingersoll Rand products, services and solutions; such as
Package Care, Preventative Maintenance, Diagnostics, Audits and Leak Detection can benefit their operations.
- Maintains rapport with customers by addressing complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and
techniques and recommending system improvements.
- Ensures proper operation of compressed air equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements and 47
point inspections on a wide variety of compressors, refrigerated dryers, desiccant dryers and additional compressed air
- Works with Service Coordinator on ordering and gathering parts and supplies necessary to complete installations and
- Conduct safety assessments of a continuously changing working environment.
- Required is daily travel to customer sites, overtime as necessary, occasional time away from home and flexibility to meet
business needs and also able to be on our on-call rotation for emergency service.
- Assist IR Stakeholders in quoting/estimating service related work for customers.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of trouble shooting industrial /commercial mechanical systems.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand heldcomputer (i.e. Smartphone,
- Candidates must have their own set of standard tools.
- Valid Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI’s inprevious 5 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (Refrigeration experience/certification a plus).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with
exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical
shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires
employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or
move more than 50 lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive
compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We
are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and
experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing aboutbold shifts in how people, economies and societies
operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Alberta-Canada
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 13, 2018, 1:05:55 PM