Ingersoll Rand Controller-Plant in ARECIBO, Puerto Rico
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Lead the financial activities within the site operations, including annual strategy and operating plans, quarterly reports, and special requests, providing commentary and explanation where required. Drive cost reductions and ensure claimed or forecasted cost reductions have or will actually impact operating income.
- Serve as business partner to the Plant Manager, their staff, and all in the plant to provide operational and strategic guidance as required.
- Provide financial analysis capability for the organization, including monthly and quarterly reporting of actuals and forecasts as well as special studies and major investment evaluation.
- Provide financial leadership to the Operations teams to drive better business results and operating efficiencies
- Mentor, coach, teach, develop, and assist the financial site staff and Operations teams.
- Using Lean Six Sigma tools, drive improvements in financial processes, including the appropriate use of automation, improvements in the quality and consistency of data and analysis, and elimination of non-value added work.
- Be a key communication source for the business for all questions and information requests coming from all levels of the organization.
- Overall site responsibility for maintaining control environment in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and company policy.
- Provide analysis, costing, and business analysis of new product development projects.
- Ensure the production of timely, accurate and relevant financial reports to facilitate understanding and analysis of the business and business opportunities.
- Ensure that accounting practices are in compliance with all relevant accounting standards, state and federal regulations and Company values and practices.
- Utilize all available data to analyze business issues and make recommendations to management.
- Responsibility for statutory and tax filings to the Puerto Rico government, and related audits
- Some travel required and ability to work a flexible schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business required. Professional certification (CPA/CMA) and/or MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of financial experience in increasing roles of responsibility as an accounting or finance manager, controller and/or in a senior level leadership role required.
- Manufacturing and costing experience required
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and business partnering skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification preferred
- Strong collaboration skills across multiple disciplines and must be a team player
- Experience with productivity tracking and supporting a structured NPI approach
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills to all levels of the organization
- Must be detailed-oriented and deadline sensitive
- Strong and demonstrated drive for results
- Must be hands-on and actively involved in day to day operations
- Demonstrated people development skills
- Must be proficient in the use of standard software programs (Oracle use a plus)
- High degree of initiative, creativity, and problem solving ability required
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: ARECIBO-Puerto Rico
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 12, 2018, 2:47:10 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.