Ingersoll Rand HVAC/VRF Equipment Estimator - Trane in ATLANTA, Georgia
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Mustpossess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major orfrequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:Trane has a new exciting opportunity to join our organization as an Estimator with our Atlanta Equipment team! In this position you will be working with building owners providing estimates and quotes for HVAC and VRF projects. Trane always focuses on a total solution to provide our customers with the most energy efficient buildings!
- Overseeing the cost estimates consisting of materials, sub-contractors, purchased equipment, labor (start-up, service work, etc.), and other construction-related activities created by Estimator I level personnel to assist Account Managers in bidding on or determining price of project.
- Assists Account Manager with determining the need for out-sourced engineering involvement. Supports the tech lead program including assisting and estimating of opportunity development, record keeping and reporting.
- Develops detailed scope based on Account Managers design-build scope. Creates detailed cost estimate based on detailed scope.
- Responsible for the take-off and pricing of purchased equipment to ensure accuracy of quantity, size, configuration, voltage, options, etc. Responsible for identifying possible cost saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects. Maintains competitive advantage by staying current with industry standards.
- Develops the scope of work for sub-contractors. Optimizes job costs by negotiating prices with vendors/sub-contractors through quotations for materials and services. Documents work by maintaining files for each job. Responsible for holding job pre-bid meeting with Account Managers to review scope, strategy, etc.
- Creates detailed cost estimates including system sketches, scope definition, exceptions/exclusions, preliminary proposal, vendor/sub-contractor quotes, and points list. Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology preferred with minimum of three years’ experience in estimating, engineering, construction management; or Associate's degree in engineering, engineering technology or business management or three year experience in estimating, engineering or construction management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of all facets of construction including mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems, etc. preferred. Must have strong financial and business acumen and a history of running projects on time and on budget.
- Experience working directly with building owners is a plus.
Mustpossess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major orfrequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in theprevious 5 years
- Hit & Run,License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractionsor preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: ATLANTA-Georgia
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 5, 2018, 2:39:51 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.