Ingersoll Rand Aftermarket Operator II (Forklift/ Reach Truck) in AUGUSTA, Georgia
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Under general supervision, performs multiple functions and aspects of distribution, warehousing, and shipping operationsto, store, pack, ship, and process parts and documents for customer orders with high sensitivity toward meeting andexceeding customer requirements for timely, accurate and damage free shipments. Operates multiple types of materialhandling equipment throughout the receiving and order fulfillment process. Prepares parts for domestic and internationalshipment via highway, air and ocean transportation.
- Utilizing automated barcode scanning equipment - picks parts from low bay or high bay storage areas and brings them tothe small package or motor freight packaging areas as required by the order.
- Verifies that parts being picked match order items in part number, quantity, and quality and that barcode scanning
- procedures are being followed.
- Verifies that parts presented for packing match order items in part number, quantity, and quality.
- Reviews ordercomments and special instructions for any special consolidating, packaging, carrier, and/or shipping requirements.
- Utilizing, bubble wrap, paper, foam, corrugated, film, lumber or other appropriate packing materials, packages parts in aneat and orderly manner in order to prevent damages during shipment.
- Packages parts in a manner to maximize qualityand damage-free shipments to the customer, while also minimizing the package costs for the company.
- Stages orders and shipments in proper staging areas if required prior to shipping.
- Assists with loading freight trucks with motor freight shipments, preparing shipping containers, and air shipments.
- Delivers parts and paperwork to various departments and other associates as required.
- Operates the manifest system for UPS and motor freight shipments
- Uses in house systems to receive parts into the Service Parts warehouse verifying item number, description, quantity,and quality of parts as needed.
- Receives, stores, packages and ships manual orders as required by the customer.
- Participates in the department annual, monthly, or weekly inventories as necessary.
- Operates a forklift, reach truck and order picker in a safe and efficient manner.
- Packages large items using a hoist to maneuver parts from bulk pallets to single units.
- Any other assignments as needed and assigned by supervision.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Previous experience preferred
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: AUGUSTA-Georgia
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Night Job
Posting: Aug 27, 2018, 8:00:46 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.