Ingersoll Rand Trane - Senior Construction Project Manager in BELLEVUE, Washington
AtIngersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around theworld. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family ofbrands—includingClubCar®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,AmericanStandard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- worktogether to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusiveenvironment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring adiverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United Statesqualified protected veterans.
TheSenior Construction Project Manager manages all aspects of constructionprojects, from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project budgetand execution while leading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific objectivesin a given time frame and with available resources. Accountable for assignedprojects’ scope of work, schedule and budget as a prime contractor. This roleis responsible for projects that have the following criteria:
- Project size is generally $2M and a mixture of, Turnkey, Performance Contracting (ESCO) and Joint Venture Contracts
- Required to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Project may exceed 1 year, and have high strategic value to the District.
- Responsibility to manage multiple technologies, vendors and subcontractors.
- High degree of customer interface.
- Contracts may contain penalty clauses and or liquidated damages.
- Projects typically include general construction systems and technologies, outside of Trane’s core competency.
- Required to manage internal site supervisors, multiple subcontractors and project administrators.
Experience: Ten (10) years of experience in the construction Industry or relatedfield, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, for example –a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering orConstruction Management with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
ESSENTIALFUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions maybe assigned.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction.
- Plans and analyzes assigned projects, establishes schedules and project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
- Examines and reviews contracts and subcontracts. Estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk mitigation plans.
- Ensures compliance with internal contracting processes.
- Meets with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
- Communicates project status and risks to District Leadership.
- Supports the sales function by assisting with budget preparation and proposal.
- Establishes an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
- Responsible for maintaining the project budget to forecasted values.
- Creates and makes revisions to project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
- Oversees the following: preparation of Trane material and vendor orders; recording the receipt of materials and approving payments.
- Prepares sub-contractor request for quotation’s (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
- Receives and qualifies subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
- Generates technician work orders: and prioritizes tasks.
- Responsible for project cash-flow management: progress billing, collections support and monitoring, and resource management.
- Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Ensures that quality standards are maintained for assigned projects.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Establishes professional relationship and communicates with field support staff and customers and their representatives. Interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
- Obtains acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the customer.
- Responsible for the successful transition of warranty to the service process.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Some travel with occasional overnight stays.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional,personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that alignswith our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live yourhealthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture thatengages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of ouremployee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions andenhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—forbringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—thenyou belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: BELLEVUE-Washington
Job: Project Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 10, 2018, 12:47:41 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.