Ingersoll Rand TRANE- Intelligent Services Account Engineer in BREA, California
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
INTELLIGENT SERVICE ACCOUNT ENGINEER SUMMARY
Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers through performance and execution of BAS service agreements, BAS retrofit projects, intelligent service agreements and system service. Develop strong customer relationships with building owners, work in coordination with the BAS service team leader or Intelligent Service ASM and direct sales team in developing system solutions and increase the BAS service agreements and pull through business from these agreements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fulfill contract obligations effectively, efficiently and within safety standards.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers and develop new customer relationships.
- Performs warranty work to include attending warranty handoff meetings when needed, and visits warranty sites.
- Diagnose energy opportunities with customer’s facilities and provide small energy projects that solve customer issues/opportunities.
- Responsible for acquisition of pull through work and assist in meeting or exceeding the BAS owner direct company goals.
- Collaborates with IS account manager often to develop account plans and sales performance.
- Collaborate with IS energy engineer to document value added to the customer.
- Partners closely with account managers and energy engineers.
- Assist as needed with development of solutions working with all direct sales team members to include the intelligent service energy engineer and BAS service team leader or Intelligent Service ASM.
- Perform remote site analysis via modem or web access as needed.
- Install, program, and validate moderate complex DDC systems
- Install simple to moderate complex BAS Retrofit projects and be responsible for time, scope and budget for all projects.
- Responsible for completing and turning in all service reports, inspection sheets, and timesheets in a timely manner.
- Will plan forecasted work and schedule as needed with the customer service representatives.
- Will maintain correspondence with customer service representatives daily to include all customer site visits.
- Dress appropriately and within the company guidelines to represent a professional service.
- Maintain company vehicle cleanliness, tools, and safety equipment
There are no formal supervisory responsibilities, but this role may supervise the work and of HVAC Controls Technicians in the Controls Service process. May participate in the selection process of HVAC Controls Technicians.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; three (3) to eight (8) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of office equipment and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong familiarity with the operation of Energy Management Systems, HVAC Systems and/or Temperature Controls required .
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to follow directions and work well with others
- Be motivated and be a self-starter and work independently
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License, Acceptable Driving History, EPA Certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasional required to climb or balance and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a typical office environment with frequent visits to job sites which includes outdoor work and work in mechanical/equipment rooms. During the job site visits, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but occasionally loud.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: BREA-California
Job: Project Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 22, 2018, 10:59:11 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.