Ingersoll Rand Centrifugal Service Technician in BUFFALO, New York
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
*The incumbent may reside anywhere in the United States, but will have training in, and will be based out of our Buffalo, NY location.
Incumbents in this position are required to perform all phases of field service work on centrifugal equipment supplied by Ingersoll Rand. This involves supervision of the installation and startup of new equipment; on-site major repairs; detailed troubleshooting and any other phase of compressor repair. Additionally, the incumbent must instruct and train customer personnel. The prime territory involved is global travel. The position requires extended periods of travel away from home.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Insure the correct installation, maintenance and field repair of the equipment manufactured and sold by Ingersoll Rand at the purchaser's location.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the field installation and repair requirements of this equipment.
- Be able to travel immediately to all job sites when requested to do so. Maintain an active passport for international travel when the need arises.
- Provide technical advice and be able to train customers, potential customers, field salesmen and field service trainees.
- Maintain proper written and oral communication skills to transfer highly technical information related to service work in a concise and professional manner.
- Submit detailed technical reports on each service call in legible fashion suitable for customer copies, billing invoices, contract files for customer copies, contract files for permanent record keeping and Engineering, Quality and Marketing input.
- Submit accurate, detailed expense account records and timecards suitable for billing customers in a clear and accurate manner. Maintain good financial records and practices to manage company business matters, credit cards, and if required, a company car.
- Maintain proper business travel practices in a cost-efficient manner.
- Follow all company and departmental procedures and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as required
The Field Service Technician reports directly to the Regional Field Service Supervisor.
The Field Service Technician receives primary functional direction from the Regional Field Service Supervisor who is responsible for work schedules and assignments. Specific job related items such as scheduling, paperwork and technical information usually flow between the Technicians and the Supervisors. However, the incumbent may be required to receive direction from or provide information to other departments such as Aftermarket, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality or New Unit Sales.
The equipment which requires service is centrifugal compressors from 150 HP to 15,000 HP and their related accessories, including microprocessor based control systems. This equipment is highly customized and widely varied in scope. It is the incumbent's primary function to assure that this machinery is installed, serviced and repaired as efficiently and thoroughly as possible. This requires a comprehensive technical knowledge of a wide variety of models, accessories, repair techniques, assembly procedures and customer applications.
The travel requirement is extensive and involves long time periods away from home including weekends and holidays. Job assignments are global and require air travel and hotel room living. The incumbent is on call at all times and is required to work long hours, unsupervised. Extensive supervisory and organizational skills are required because the incumbent is responsible for the accomplishment of the repairs using customer supplied maintenance trades to assist him. The incumbent must be able to handle customer relations in a crisis atmosphere in a manner designed to ease tension and accomplish the work at hand.
Must be able to diagnose problems and recommend corrective action in this unsupervised environment, and theincumbent must also be able to submit clear, accurate records and/or oral reports to the manufacturing facility. This includes detailed technical reports, expense accounts and time cards.
The incumbent must also maintain a high degree of integrity in the way he handles business affairs. The incumbent is the only on-site representative of the Company and should conduct himself accordingly
- The position requires two (2) years of Mechanical collegiate schooling and/or sufficient mechanical working experience. Previous travel experience is desired.
- Centrifugal air compressor experience is highly preferred.
- A six (6) to eight (8) week training program is required before the incumbent will be sent to job sites alone.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to: DUI in the previous 5 years, Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions of preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: BUFFALO-New York
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 25, 2018, 1:46:18 PM