Ingersoll Rand Customer Sales Associate in BUFFALO, New York
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Customer Sales Associate is a trusted advisor to customers who identified their needs and helps to resolve parts or equipment issues with sale and timely delivery of quality parts and solutions offerings. They are responsible for processing customer orders and responding to their inquiries, questions or complaints regarding Parts services and finds solutions to ensure customer satisfaction and future sales. They have solid understanding product offerings, achieving sales goals and administer order management processes.
* ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES * include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Customer Facing (60%)
- Actively engages with both counter customers and phone customers to fully identify needs, respond to inquiries or questions, and offer timely quality solutions.
- Engage every customer when they enter store, before they reach the counter (“10 ft /10 seconds in store” rule of engagement)
- Provides technical support to customers.
- Drives sales by having maintaining current knowledge of all portfolio offerings and leverage technical knowledge to provide value propositions to the customer and drive sales
- Drives sales by identifying related products or add on extensions needs and making customers aware of product promotions and adding lines to parts orders.
- Determines best method to resolve problems to ensure customer satisfaction and company adherence to policies.
- Enter all orders as quotes
- Makes outbound calls including marketing new products.
- Generates lead sheets for Account Managers
- Occasionally visits external customers to better understand their needs and potential sales opportunities in future.
- Parts identification and troubleshooting, beyond OEM parts.
- Identify items which meet the needs uncovered during conversations with customers in store, on phone and at customer site and submit them for addition to showroom portfolio.
- Processes Reklaims
Operations (ranges 20-30% depending on number of store associates)
- Executes quote and order management processes with high level of accuracy to expedite the fulfillment process and ensure customer satisfaction and timely delivery – entering quotes and invoices and follow through on fulfillment.
- Helps plan store customer and vendor events.
- Completes training as required, including safety training, certification and testing.
- Reinforces culture of safety by utilizing all appropriate resources to safely perform all functions of the job
- Understand and execute processes and standard work.
- Identify new opportunities for process improvements.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
Back office (ranges 10-20% depending on number of store associates)
- Completes cycle counts
- Inventory management – back orders, PO receipts, transfers
- Responsible for staging, shipping and receiving parts, equipment, and supplies.
- Stocks the parts store with an appropriate amount of merchandise.
- Responsible for inventory control and bin location.
- Enters inventory into software system.
- Manages will calls.
- May deliver parts to customer locations or job sites.
- Practices safe material handling techniques.
- Filing of M/S’s, freight bills of lading, equipment packing slips, etc. for inventory reconciliation and audit purposes.
- Responsible for filing of freight claims for damaged goods.
- Manages transfers.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
As part of overall responsibilities (no %)
- Genuinely and effectively works effectively with diverse team of different backgrounds and experiences to achieve business results.
- Mentors and assists with onboarding of new associates
- Continuously seeks out opportunities for learning.
- Participates in different team and community involvement activities.
- Recognizes others for work well-done.
- Demonstrates engaging customer-facing behaviors and customer service
* SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES *
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
* QUALIFICATIONS *
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE *
High school diploma or GED required. Inside sales, retail or related experience perferred; or equivalent in education and experience. Prefer technical experience. Proven sales and customer service skills. Experience working in a process management system and priority setting. Must be action-oriented, a strong team player and be able to maintain a high energy level even with challenging situations or customers. Must have good computer skills including Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* LANGUAGE SKILLS *
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* MATHEMATICAL SKILLS *
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* REASONING ABILITY *
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS *
Valid Driver’s License
* PHYSICAL DEMANDS *
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Any lifting above 50 pounds should be done mechanically.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* WORK ENVIRONMENT *
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a typical parts store/warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. When working in the warehouse, employee is occasionally exposed to fumes from forklift. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: BUFFALO-New York
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 16, 2018, 12:35:00 PM