Ingersoll Rand Engineering Specialist II in CARROLLTON, Texas
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
We are looking for a Controls Engineering Specialist II to join out team. In this role, you will be responsible for hardware and software design activities for medium sized building automation systems. You will apply engineering principles and practices for work on assigned projects and design cost effective control solutions to meet project requirements.
- Responsible for design and programming activities utilizing direct digital controls
- Responsible for the sequences of operation which meet the project requirements
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Generates Operation & Maintenance Manuals
- Responsible for reviewing contract documents and conducting job surveys.
- Responsible for creating installation drawings, submittal drawings, as-built drawings, and transition to service
- Reviews equipment submittals for incorporation into design
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, communication with staff, providing customer feedback and solutions
- Capability to advise and guide Level I Engineering Specialist
- Some travel possible with occasional overnight stays.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
A dditional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field of study preferred; or Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with a certificate in HVAC, AAS, or BAS; with a minimum of two (2) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and engineering drawing tools. Proficient computer skills are required.
- Familiarity with the concepts of new construction and renovation/retrofit.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: CARROLLTON-Texas
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 3, 2018, 8:44:18 AM