Ingersoll Rand Coordinator-Materials in CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This position is responsible for supporting Rental Services parts inventory, purchasing, service & operations, and order fulfillment. The activities of this position include (but are not limited to) creating purchase orders for, communicating & resolving issues with suppliers, processing invoices, maintaining accurate parts inventory, and coordinating shipments of equipment to and from customer sites.
- Purchasing of parts and refrigerant used both on site and in the field for service work.
- Purchasing parts and equipment needed to fulfill rental projects (cross-hire/re-rent equipment).
- Assist with negotiating rates and performance criteria for trailer manufacturers and leasing companies.
- Must be able to recognize developing situations in order to react and diffuse complaints and potential problems.
- Locating potential suppliers of materials and services for Trane Rental Services.
- Developing new vendor relations ships including setting up new vendors in our system.
- Prepare purchase orders and transmit to suppliers for parts, services, new equipment, rental equipment from partners, and other items as needed.
- Review and prepare purchasing documentation for non-production materials as specified.
- Make decision as to critical inventory planning data including lead times, safety stocks, safety lead times, lot sizes, etc.
- Analyze business data and communicate results through reports.
- Additional required job activities as assigned.
·Associates degree or 4 year degree preferred, but not required. Any degree considered; however, Business or Engineering preferred.
·2-3 year service or purchasing experience preferred.Finance and Accounts Payable backgrounds are also preferred.
·Must be tactful, assertive, and an effective and clear decision-maker under pressure; ability to deal effectively with customers, field sales force, and technicians required.
·Initiative and ability to recognize, prioritize and perform required activities with minimum supervision or assistance required.
·Must be able to recognize developing situations in order to react and diffuse complaints/potential problems, determine when additional assistance is needed, and involve upper management as required.
·Proficiency in Excel and Word required.General computer competency is also required.
·Requires the use of judgment in the analysis of facts and circumstances and determination of the actions to be taken within the limits of standard or accepted practices.
·Strong technical and mechanical aptitude to understand equipment specs, drawings, and details.
·Ability to work with field technicians to determine repair requirements of rental equipment.
·Must be able to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and be flexible in performing duties.
·Must be characterized as organized, self-motivated, energetic, out-going, and proactive
·Results-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility to meet team and individual goals/objectives.
·Must show initiative and be a self-starter.
·Good negotiating skills with a willingness to seek agreement.
·Demonstrated analytical skills and be able to think clearly.
·Must demonstrate good communication skills (both oral and written).
·Strong customer service orientation.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: CHARLOTTE-North Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 5, 2018, 3:56:43 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.