Ingersoll Rand Territory Manager in CHESAPEAKE, Virginia
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
In the Territory Manager role you will be responsible for all activities related to developing and maintaining equipment customer relationships to ensure maximum revenues through account penetration. This includes finding, generating and developing new customers and retaining current customers in order to sell the company’s products to end-users.
- Generate budgeted sales; control mix and pricing to achieve margin goals and grow market share in assigned territory.
- Develop and execute an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable, and successful partnership.
- Develop strong working relationships within all levels of existing customers.
- Develop new customer base by cold-calling various locations in their territory.
- Identify and arrange training to meet the needs of customers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of products, sales process, strategy, market and competition.
- Work pipeline of existing opportunities.
- Establish relationships with utilities, builders, and industry associations.
- Assure customer participation in Trane programs.
- Expand light commercial market penetration.
- Identify customer problems and/or needs, and build dynamic action plan designed to meet them.
- Work closely with inside sales teams and distribution to assure complete customer coverage.
- Experience with new account creation - identify, qualify, and pursue new prospects, challenge the customer's status quo and provide insights into hidden challenges and opportunities to offer game-changing solutions
- Ability to Build Customer Value - Explore customers’ underlying issues and needs that suggest broader solutions|
- Experience working opportunities and utilizing customer relations management tool
- College degree is highly desired, equivalent professional experience will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years successful experience in Business Development and Sales. HVAC or related industry is helpful.
- Shown competency in consultative, relationship, listening, and selling skills.
- Solid proficiency in business and analytical skills (including at the consumer level).
- Shown talent in collecting and analyzing data into actionable plans and results with the ability to execute.
- Knowledge of HVAC products/parts and HVAC systems applications is helpful.
- Highly self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works well in a team environment with diverse members of different backgrounds and experiences to achieve business results.
- Strong competence in computer usage and Microsoft Office products.
- Possess valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to: DUI in the previous 5 years. Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: CHESAPEAKE-Virginia
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 7, 2018, 10:04:42 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.