Ingersoll Rand Technical Product Support in CLARKSVILLE, Tennessee
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
In this position as a Technical Support Product Specialist you will be providing remote technical support for the startup, operation, and service of Trane/American Standard Unitary Light Commercial equipment. As a Technical Support Product Specialist you will be able to assist customers in the troubleshooting process utilizing knowledge of various HVAC systems such as: Packaged Rooftop AC units, Unitary Split Systems. Specialists in this role must have vast field experience, giving them the knowledge required to: remotely guide customers through equipment and describe to them what they are seeing, keep that customer safe by evaluating their skill level, and can confidently determine the best course of action.
- Responsible for assisting customers remotely through the startup, operation, and diagnosis/troubleshooting on a wide variety of HVAC products
- Uses a variety of resources (experience, literature, people, and problem solving skills) to remotely determine the root cause of an issue and determine the best course of action with the goal of putting the customer first
- On a daily basis, is required to make pivotal decisions regarding the dispensation of company resources in order to resolve a customer issue
- Manages and leverages relationships with manufacturing site teams as well as field offices
- During shift hours, diligently monitors inbound technical support requests and stays in constant contact with those customers until their issues are resolved in a timely and consistent manner
- Responsible for determining the experience level of customers requesting assistance, ensuring they stay safe and are not asked to perform beyond their means
- Documents work by following pre-defined procedures and completing documentation of support given
- As a subject matter expert, creates standard work and documents solutions that can be shared internally and externally across the company
- Responsible for coordination with internal teams concerning quality escapes, design errors, and Service Alerts or Bulletins
- Participates in New Product Introduction projects as required, specifically focusing on unit serviceability
- Reviews warranty claims against history of technical support provided and makes recommendations as to warranty coverage
- Uses technical support and warranty data to drive 9-step problem solving to reduce common failures
- Applies their expertise with equipment to create content for technical literature and end-user equipment startup guides
- Ideal candidate will provide Technical Support activity for the approximate hours of 7:30AM to 4:30pm CST
- 10 years of experience preferred but not required in servicing HVAC equipment and systems.
- Associates or Bachelors in an Engineering discipline is preferred but not required.
- Professionally trained on various Trane equipment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand and apply temperature and pressure theories as well and basic electrical theories and application.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Ability to manage support cases within Remedy software
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, type, read, talk, and listen. The employee must be able to meet the physical demands of typical HVAC equipment service routines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex refrigeration and electrical systems
- Keeps current on Trane Unitary Light Commercial products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair
- Additional knowledge of Large Unitary Products and BAS systems would be beneficial, but not required
- Adaptable and possesses the ability to prioritize multiple high-priority customer cases
- Flexibility to work extended hours on occasion
- Ability to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Ability to work regularly and dependably
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Demonstrate ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate ability to perform mental tasks such as making decisions, learning, thinking rationally and exercising good judgment
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: CLARKSVILLE-Tennessee
Job: Customer Service
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 12, 2018, 10:42:12 AM