Ingersoll Rand Test Engineer in CLARKSVILLE, Tennessee
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Run Test Engineer is responsible for ongoing support of testers in the Trane Clarksville Plant. Including the following activities:
- Maintaining ongoing communication with plant run test departments to ensure that tester issues are being identified, prioritized and resolved by coordination and execution with System, Software, IT and other plant tester engineer(s).
- Taking the technical and system engineering lead role for resolving Universal Tester related issues and interacting with key cross functional roles including production leadership and hourly personnel. Updating tester requirements, design, validation and verification documentation as part of the resolution process.
- Leading teams to implement upgrades and improvements of existing testers. Communicating with plant and product development team members to ensure tester requirements are properly identified and met.
- Taking technical and system engineering responsibility for the development of tester improvements and upgrades, developing design documentation including system diagrams, schematics, test sequences, validation and verification plans.
- Utilizing Universal Tester team processes to design and develop improvements to existing tester ensuring that delivery is on time, on cost and meeting customer requirements.
- Identification and implementation of improvement opportunities in support of plant operations, including process and technical improvements
- Developing knowledge of key HVAC systems and components that will need to be tested including Trane Controls, electro-mechanical power components, electrical wiring, transformers, circuit breakers, contactors, overloads, variable frequency drives, solid state starters, wye-delta starters, compressors, evaporators, condensers, indoor fans, outdoor fans, gas heat, electric heat along with proprietary components.
This candidate must have the technical expertise to develop and lead tester design projects, supervise product validation testing, drive to root cause for quality and reliability issues, interpret technical agency standards, and conduct projects in accordance with standard engineering practices.
Success in this role will be achieved by developing strong working relationships with the plant personnel and internal engineering organizations.
- First point of contact for any Universal Tester and existing legacy tester related issues within Clarksville Trane plant
- Escalation of issues to team leadership and tester engineering team
- Identification of plant issues to system and software engineers, driving and supporting resolution.
- Recommendations and improvements to tester related processes
- Supporting test engineering team for product changes
- Leading upgrades and improvements of existing universal testers and existing legacy test equipment
- Co-coordinating with test engineering on schematics, system diagrams and test sequence changes as appropriate.
- In support of the plant operations and test engineering team schedules, this role may require additional hours beyond 40 hours as well as support outside of normal working hours.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology preferred. Equivalent on the job experienced will be considered
- 2-5 years’ experience in large scale manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong interest in HVAC applications and operating conditions for refrigeration equipment.
- Strong interest in manufacturing plant systems and processes in support of Universal Testers.
- Competency in Microsoft products including, Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint required.
- Competency in test systems and SCADA applications
- Ability to lead a team or work as a member of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Must be tenacious with quality and customer service orientation.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Six Sigma trained or certified a plus but is not required.
- Knowledge of the appropriate product safety and design standards; including but not limited to UL/CSA 1995, UL508, UL508A, National Electric Code, ANSI Z21.47, ASHRAE 90.1, etc.
- Basic experience with AutoCAD Electrical is a plus but is not required.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: CLARKSVILLE-Tennessee
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 30, 2018, 9:26:38 AM