Ingersoll Rand Process Quality Engineer in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- .The Process Quality Engineer is responsible for the development and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes and systems. The “PQE” has primary responsibility, partnering with the production leader, to ensure the performance of sheet metal fabrication processes
- Develop specifications of new equipment, and continuously monitor performance and specifications of existing equipment, utilized in the sheet metal fabrication processes of our facilities
- Utilize problem solving techniques to lead projects in order to improve safety, quality, delivery, productivity, thru put, or inventory.
- Leads and participates in ongoing improvements in safety, quality, OpEx and capacity through strong partnerships with Operations leadership, as well as by engaging all Operations employees.
- Drive equipment uptime by engaging with Maintenance team.
- Partner with Operations leadership on containment actions to achieve takt time attainment goals and restore flow while driving to root cause solutions for permanent corrective action with all available lean manufacturing tools.
- Collaborate with EHS team to identify and implement processes, procedures, and equipment to enhance site environmental, health, and safety practices including workplace ergonomics.
- NPI and Cost Reduction projects completed on time with all required documentation and actions regarding PFMEA, Safety, Quality and Productivity targets, following our BOS processes.
- Analyze operational data such as cycle time, equipment downtime, scrap, process capability, product and people flow to design workspace layouts following Lean manufacturing principles.
- Collaborates with Operations leadership, as well as production employees, to develop Standard Work and Job Breakdown Sheets.
- All other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in Engineering from an accredited college/ university.
- Prior experience in delivering business results using Lean tools preferred.
- Prior experience in an environment focused on continuous improvement, RIE's and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction preferred.
- 9 Step Problem Solving experience with emphasis on root cause analysis.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, and team skills required.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of MS Office Suite required. Oracle and AutoCAD/Pro/E knowledge is preferred.
- Lives the IR values of integrity, respect, innovation, courage, and teamwork
- Communicates compellingly
- Learns enthusiastically
- Advocates for customers
- Promotes change
- Strives for excellence
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBIA-South Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 20, 2018, 7:50:25 AM