Ingersoll Rand Training Supervisor in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
. Develops and administers training programs for employees, assesses training and development needs for organization, helps individuals and groups develop skills and knowledge, creates training standards, presents in-person training sessions, monitors training for effectiveness and productivity.
- Develops a long term training vision and strategy for the plant
- Drives a culture of training, establishes training standards and holds managers/associates accountable for misses related to training
- Leads a cross-functional team through creating the Trane Columbia training center. This includes the physical space as well as all the material and documentation needed. Manages budget to continually run the training center
- Establishes training MDI and problem solves around training gaps which may include but not limited to driving plant training A3
- Coordinates team of trainers and works with local external resources (community colleges, training centers, grants, state incentives etc) for training programs that cannot be developed in-house
- Coordinates with HR and Operations team to ensure associates are trained and recertified on time
- Works with subject matter experts to evaluate, update and develop technical training curriculum
- Develops, follows and implements standard work for training
- Continually works to improve the training process
- Administers Certification and recertification process
- On-boards new hires and assign them to training sessions
- Conducts Standard Work audits to ensure associates are rotating jobs to maintain trained levels across multiple jobs
- Maintains understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods. Attends training seminars, conferences and other events to keep updated with latest trends and technology in training
- Other assignments as assigned by manager and driven by business need
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Five to seven years of relevant experience is required
- Must have a two year associates degree in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in business or any other related field will be preferred
- Prior Technical training is essential for this role
- Relevant training certifications will be preferred
- Project management experience will be highly desired
- Previous manufacturing experience will be given a preference
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with high stress level in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with both internal and external customers.
- Dependability and confidentiality a must
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Work Pride
- Customer Focused
- Critical Thinking
- Standard Work Adherence
- Must be viewed credibly as either an informal leader or a positive influencer of change
- Must be a self-motivated learner
- Must possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to mentor team members and facilitate change from a position of Influencer
- Ability to energize and motivate teams
- Ability to recognize conflict and take appropriate action within scope of the role
- Strong capability with personal computer applications ( Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio)
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBIA-South Carolina
Job: Operational Excellence
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 18, 2018, 3:32:09 PM