Ingersoll Rand Customer Service Delivery Driver - TRANE Parts in COLUMBUS, Ohio
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Responsible for the coordination of the stores on-site activities, managing receipt, stocking, and shipping of products; staging and delivering customer orders; and all purchasing transactions with the business and local vendors.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for staging, shipping and receiving parts, equipment, and supplies.
- Stocks the parts stores with an appropriate amount of merchandise.
- Responsible for inventory control, including determining levels, identifying and disposing of excess and obsolete inventory, and maintaining system inventory accuracy.
- Enters inventory into software system.
- Manages bin locations including optimization
- Responsible for will calls
- Delivers parts to customer locations or job sites, other parts stores.
- Practices safe material handling techniques.
- Filing of M/S’s, freight bills of lading, equipment packing slips, etc. for inventory reconciliation and audit purposes.
- Responsible for filing of freight claims for damaged goods.
- Manages transfers.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Completes training as required, including safety training, certification and testing.
- Reinforces culture of safety by utilizing all appropriate resources to safely perform all functions of the job.
- Delivery of orders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Six months to one year warehouse experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Forklift experience a plus.
Licenses & Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License
- In region where commercial motor vehicle is used, a Commercial Driver’s License is required.
- Fork lift certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and effectively communicate with others - talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or craw. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Any lifting above 50 pounds should be done mechanically.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a typical parts store’s warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. When working in the warehouse, employee is occasionally exposed to fumes from forklift. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBUS-Ohio
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 6, 2018, 10:32:58 AM