Ingersoll Rand Project Engineer- Trane in COLUMBUS, Ohio
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- Responsible for software design activities for building automation systems. Applies engineering principles and practices for work on assigned projects. Designs cost effective control solutions to meet project requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Responsible for design activities utilizing direct digital controls
- Responsible for the sequences of operation to meet project requirements.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Generates Operation & Maintenance Manuals.
- Responsible for reviewing contract documents and conducting virtual job surveys.
- Responsible for creating installation drawings, submittal drawings, as-built drawings, and transition to service.
- Reviews equipment submittals for incorporation into design.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, communication with staff, providing customer feedback and solutions.
- Capability to advise and guide Level I Engineering Specialists.
- Some travel possible with occasional overnight stays.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in engineering or related field of study preferred; or Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with a certificate in HVAC, AAS, or BAS; with a minimum of three (3) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and engineering drawing tools. Proficient computer skills are required.
- Familiarity with the concepts of new construction and renovation/retrofit.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings. Ability to write reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and service personnel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Drivers License
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, walk, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
Primary Location: COLUMBUS-Ohio
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 31, 2018, 1:54:43 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.