Ingersoll Rand Trane - Remote HVAC Controls Monitoring Specialist - Located Remotely in COLUMBUS, Ohio
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for Remote HVAC Controls Monitoring Specialists:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
In this position you will be responsible for the remote diagnostic and repair of HVAC control systems. You will utilize your operational knowledge of various HVAC systems, HVAC mechanical equipment and controls, electronic theory, direct digital control principles, airflow dynamics, hydronic system operation, refrigeration theory, and control techniques. You will answer customer calls and respond to alarms that require technical support. You will perform any diagnostics and corrections using Trane’s remote monitoring system.
- Establish & maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers through effective oral and written communication skills via phone and computer.
- Prepares for remote installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, coordinating on-site work, as required by customer agreements.
- Accomplish training to successfully fulfill job functions.
- Demonstrate ability to cope with stress and maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers.
- Organizes and complies with all pertinent documentation needed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to successfully manage the businesses required reports.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital controls and HVAC mechanical systems.
- Initiates the direction of the customer to the appropriate sales contact as necessary.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires.
- This is a third shift position.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience in building control systems, or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience are required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBUS-Ohio
Shift: Night Job
Posting: Jun 6, 2018, 3:25:57 PM