Ingersoll Rand Accountant I in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiringprogress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creatingcomfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our familyof brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , ThermoKing® , Trane® , AmericanStandard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - worktogether to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusiveenvironment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring adiverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United Statesqualified protected veterans.
Primary responsibilities for the Accountant I are to supportthe North America Record to Report Revenue & Cash accounting team locatedin Davidson, NC. The position plays avital role in providing support for month end close, balance sheet accountreconciliations and process standardization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides timely and accurate assistance with monthly closingof revenue and cash processes.
- Analyzes and processes information to create journal entriesin the general ledger.
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactionsand ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy andcompliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Assists senior accountant and accounting manager to preparetimely and accurate financial reports for Strategic Business Unit or Record To Report leadership.
- Prepares balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Helps address SBU inquiries and requests timely. Partnerswith the business and other corporate functions to perform account analysis.
- Supports process standardization across all differentSystems and SBUs.
- Responds to Internal and External Audit/Compliance requests.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or closely relateddiscipline required. Accounting degree preferred.
- Strong PC skills required: Microsoft Office Suite (withExcel emphasis).
- Experience with Oracle R12, Oracle 11i, BI Reporting, andHFM preferred.
- High standards of customer service and professionalism.
- Good team player and business partner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interacteffectively (both oral and written), build relationships and lead or supportcross-functional initiatives.
- Must be able to adapt to change and function effectively ina fast-paced environment.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 9, 2018, 8:54:02 AM