Ingersoll Rand Associate Commodity Manager - Electrical Components in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
- Manage Electronic Components commodities with Global responsibilities
- Identify and engage with internal stakeholders (engineering, operations, quality) to capture commodity requirements and ensure supplier qualification and quality - partner with regional PPM teams to efficiently transition suppliers as needed
- Responsible for developing & executing detailed commodity strategy which includes electronic commodity roadmaps for commodities such as resistors, capacitors, memory, microprocessors and related parts.
- Assess Opportunity for commodity including spend segmentation, commodity maturity, cost drivers, and supply market analysis
- Develop Sourcing Strategy for commodity detailing projects, sourcing levers, timing, resources, and expected benefits
- Accountable for execution of sourcing projects including RFx, continuous improvement, consolidation, etc.
- Responsible for defining negotiations strategy including supplier profiles, commercial negotiations targets, defining switching costs, and building Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Conduct or support negotiations and supplier selection - accountable for contract lifeclycle management and compliance
- Responsible for delivering commodity productivity through price, value analysis (VA) or continuous improvement projects - responsible for supporting regional/sector countermeasures
- Support supplier segmentation, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and quarterly supplier reviews f or all strategic suppliers within commodity. Scribe for all quarterly reviews and key supplier meetings. Ensure creation of supplier profiles and roadmaps for all SRM suppliers.
- Responsible for commodity continuity of supply - engage with plants to efficiently resolve escalated issues and formally manage and secure supplier capacity
- Support region/sector NPD Procurement teams through preferred supplier programs, RFQ's, and SRM to set and meet program QCD targets
- Actively monitor and mitigate supplier risk including financial, capacity, quality, and compliance
- Responsible for forecasting, reporting, mitigating, and recovery of commodity inflation
- Support Quarterly Commodity Reviews (QCR) including updated projects, metrics, strategy, and countermeasures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or related field
- 2 to 6 years procurement sourcing experience, consulting, buyer, and/or analyst experience, electronic component knowledge preferred
- Demonstrate competence in negotiating skills and assessing vendors.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience coordinating, facilitating discussions, consultation and conflict resolution skills
- Professional communication; both verbal and written are required.
- Ability to travel
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Supply Chain Acumen- Develops and executes GSC strategy/playbook for assigned components or service utilizing common GSC tools to achieve optimal IR results that are Quality, Delivery, Price and Service balanced and corporate/governmental compliant.
- Project Management – Identifies needed resources, develops project plan, and drives project execution.
- Global Business Thinking/Strategizing –Demonstrates global knowledge of suppliers, industry trends, emerging markets and technology.
- Problem Solving- Identifies potential problems, conducts root cause analysis, leads corrective action plan implementation.
- Relationship Management- Works collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders at appropriate GSC milestones, shares global research, manages “one IR voice” to supply base.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 11, 2018, 2:58:44 PM