Ingersoll Rand Director, Executive Compensation and Benefits in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Reporting to the Vice President, Total Rewards, the Director of Executive Compensation and Benefits will assume enterprise-wide leadership and accountability for the Executive Compensation and Benefits functions at Ingersoll Rand. This key Human Resources professional will build strong relationships with peers, direct and indirect reports, and executives within a matrix environment and serve as a business unit liaison, as well as, functional point of connectivity with the regions (Americas, Europe, and Asia). He or she will help to set the strategic direction and design executive compensation and benefits programs and processes. Furthermore, this individual will identify opportunities to improve existing policies and processes as appropriate.
The Director, Executive Compensation and Benefits will provide critical support to the VP, Total Rewards, the SVP of Human Resources and Communications, and the CEO in the preparation of Compensation Committee materials, proxy statements, etc.
The Director of Executive Compensation and Benefits will lead a team of three compensation professionals: Manager of Equity Compensation, Manager of Executive Compensation, and a Manager of Executive Benefits.
- Provide advice to key leaders on executive compensation and benefit matters, including developing policies and guidelines.
- Manage market pay and maintain executive compensation market reference range recommendations. Develop offers for internal and external senior level hires, as well as provide salary recommendations, as needed, for senior level roles.
- Work with the VP, Total Rewards to provide support to Ingersoll Rand’s Compensation Committee.
- Oversee and management of the annual incentive compensation plan for the top 2,800 leaders worldwide.
- Manage all equity compensation programs on a global basis.
- Manage executive benefit programs to include deferred compensation, SERPs, perquisites, executive health, change-in-control arrangements, executive severance, and other related programs.
- Accountable for the development of the Compensation Discussion and Analysis (CD&A) report that is incorporated into the annual proxy statement.
- Conducts technical research related to executive compensation and benefit matters.
- Manages equity and deferred compensation vendors.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated exceptional compensation and benefits leadership in a diverse, global environment, preferably within the industrial, consumer or manufacturing industries. He or she will be a collaborative, business-oriented leader with a deep understanding of emerging compensation and benefits approaches and best practices, particularly in the executive compensation and benefits arena. The appropriate candidate will need to think creatively and strategically to align executive compensation and benefit goals to the needs of the business.
The appropriate candidate will have led in a “best in class” Human Resources organization and demonstrated the ability to understand the industry, competitors and customers, with a strong ethical sense. Above all, we are seeking a candidate who has successfully guided the executive compensation and benefits function through large-scale global change and transformation. He or she will need to navigate successfully in a corporate environment and influence leaders across the enterprise.
Superb presentation skills, both written and oral, are required, as is a demonstrated executive presence. Additionally, it is essential that the candidate has an extremely strong attention to detail and can develop “end to end” solutions. The ability to think strategically, “roll up the sleeves” and drive results is vital for this role.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in the compensation and benefits space with 3-5 years of recent experience focusing on Executive Compensation and Benefit programs.
- Proven experience developing materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Required knowledge of relevant accounting, tax, legal and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to FAS 123(r), IRC Sections 162(m) and 280(g), ERISA, and SEC proxy disclosure requirements.
- Required ability to manage a high volume of time sensitive requests and projects.
- People leadership skills including mentoring, technical training and day-to-day management of direct reports.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in the global environment.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Job: Human Resources
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 25, 2018, 11:51:11 AM