Ingersoll Rand Fluid Flow Modeling/Simulation Engineer in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This Fluid Flow Modeling and Simulation Engineer works in partnership with Engineering Specialists throughout Ingersoll Rand’s Compressor Technology and Services (CTS) global engineering network. The successful candidate will be responsible for product design evaluation and optimization, as well as technology development, in the area of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).The initial focus will be on compressed air system simulation capability development, validation and application for screw compressor-type products. Other CFD applicationswillspan all IR product lines, encompassing numerous air flow devices including fans, compressors and mechanisms of various types.
Core Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Assume responsibility for the execution and delivery of assigned CFD projects for all IR businesses.
- Continuous development of CFD technology and methods, as well as software and computational systems evaluation.
- Promote simulation-based design development, through active engagement and collaboration with the global team of colleagues and customers.
- Conduct, evaluate and direct product performance and simulation validation testing, either on-site or at remote laboratories.
- Maintain continuous communication with colleagues throughout the global cross-functional team to which this position reports.
- Demonstrate a passion for innovation, technical excellence,teamworkand customer service.
- Master’s Degree in Fluid Dynamics Engineering (or related discipline) required. APhD is a plus
- At least 3years experience in demonstrated product design development is preferred
- Education or experience in compressible flow, multi-phase flow and/or mixed flow desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with complete mastery of English, is required.
- Demonstrated breadth and depth of expertise in CFD software and data processing tools. Experience with CFX, and secondarily Fluent, is a plus.
- Laboratory experience is a plus.
- Computer programming capability desired.
- Expertise in configuration and operation of computational systems is a plus.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 1, 2018, 10:41:44 AM