Ingersoll Rand Fluids Project Engineer - Mechanical in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The individual will be a member of the product development team as a mechanical design and development engineer for the Fluid Management portfolio. Responsibilities include all facets of the development process. This engineer must have the ability to multi-task, communicate effectively and work in a fast paced dynamic environment. The engineering team is a diverse international group and the position demands continuous interaction across multiple cultural and time zones.
• Key engineer for new product development project.
• Assist Engineering Team and Manager in all activities to achieve the departmental and organizational goals (i.e. Modular Product Architecture, IRPDP, etc.)
• Coordinate activities of team members consisting of engineers, designers and laboratory technicians.
• Develop detailed specifications, designs, cad models, and lead product and technical design reviews.
• Develop & implement project schedules and resource plans to coordinate activities of global team members using MS Project.
• Execute to project plans, meeting schedule and cost commitments as well as customer requirements.
• Identify areas requiring analysis. Perform design analysis and calculations with accuracy.
• Follow good engineering practices and develop practical solutions to customer requirements.
• Identify multiple candidate solutions, perform trade off studies and select optimum solution based on customer requirements as defined by the product design guide.
• Assist designers with calculations and design, develop test plans, work with laboratory on assembly, installation, and testing, data reductions, performance calculations and logical presentation of information in report format, make quality observations throughout the development and integrate them appropriately.
• Coordinate and provide technical support and assistance to other departments such as Assembly, Machining Operations, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Marketing, Quality Assurance, etc.
• Partner closely with suppliers in all technical matters and maintain relationship throughout the project.
• Create high quality documentation stored in the project file, design manual, and meet ISO 9000 and standard work procedures.
• Preparation/assistance of Bill of Materials and Engineering Change Request releases consistent with department procedure.
• Provide all technical input for product literature, decals, technical manual, etc.
• Assist in resolving all warranty and field problems.
• Incorporate lessons learned from field issues into new product designs through FMEA process.
• Stay current with engineering fundamentals and technology
• Bachelor’s degree or similar in Mechanical Engineering
• >5 years product design experience
• Strong preference for extensive knowledge and design experience in gear design, bearing systems, or mobile / industrial hydraulic component design
• Material selection and heat treat / surface process selection with pre and post machining techniques for high load / long life / wear application experience
• Experience with CREO /Pro/Engineer or other 3D solid modeling software
• Demonstrated understanding of practical “real world” applications
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Team player capable of working with multiple engineering teams located in USA, China and India
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in generating project plans with MS Project in order to deliver on-time, on-cost, and on-specification
• Able to work in a matrix team environment and interact with other teams
• Experience with tools such as Excel, MathCad, MATLAB, EES, etc
• Ability to create test plans and analyze results
• Capable of generating creative and innovative solutions to complex problems
• Experience in industrial machine design
• Experience with motor & variable speed drive specifications / selection and application
• Design for manufacture experience especially for injection molding or sandcasting / die-casting / lost wax casting
• Familiarity with diaphragm pump design and application
• Familiarity with Piston pump design and application
• Familiar with new product development gate review process
• Trained and experienced in latest Project Management techniques and software
• Familiar with ANSI Y14.5 drafting standards, GD&T standards, etc.
• Versed in various design tools related to DFSS: DFMEA, 8-D, DOE, DFM&A, etc.
• Competent knowledge of machining and machine shop practices
• FEA analysis is a plus, but not necessary
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 23, 2018, 12:01:30 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.