Ingersoll Rand Global Operations Controller in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Proactive business leader with strong finance, accounting, financial analysis, internal control, planning, cost accounting, manufacturing and partnership skills as well as excellent communication and problem-solving skills. This individual should be a business leader with strong initiative and commitment to continuous improvement. Position will have management and development responsibility for Fluid Management, Material Handling, and Power Tools (FMT) business plant controllers. This position will also provide financial guidance and support to the VP of Integrated Supply Chain, and VP of Quality partnering to provide financial, business, administrative support services which are critical to the achievement of financial and operational objectives.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across the organization and positively influence business outcomes. Partner with the operations leadership team to develop operations strategy and drive the translation of strategic goals into an actionable/measurable business plans.
- Drive operational excellence, improve margins, delivery, and service and execute business plan.
- Share and/or implement best practices and build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Drive operational excellence, improve margins and execute business plan. Lead the operational analysis to support the operations team.
- Align strategic and annual plans with business unit leadership to ensure achievement and execution of goals.
- Transform Operations into a reportable cost center segment focusing on cost, variance analysis/management, and productivity performance.
- Responsible to set and drives execution of operation AOP financial objectives, capital plans. Monthly report out of budget and manufacturing variances by entity and follow up actions to mitigate risk and improve performance.
- Develop robust, actionable reporting relative to plant leverage, sizing, and inventory turns and partner to implement actions to drive performance improvement.
- Review, develop and approve forecasts, plans, standard rates, capital investment, and business case proposals.
- Partner with operations to improve days payable and inventory turns and improve overall working capital position.
- Productivity: Align and ensure accurate global productivity reporting on a monthly basis with finance and operations and partner to drive productivity initiatives to improve upon gross margins and meet corporate objectives for productivity improvement year over year.
- Day 3 monthly performance review calls with leadership and partner in preparation of MBR and QBR presentations.
- Ensures the accurate appraisal, interpretation, and analysis of financial results, while also providing analyses, interpretation, and justification of budgets, forecasts, and long range plans.
- Improve upon month-end financial closing process and cycle times and prepare actionable performance reporting with relevant analytics to drive initiatives for improvement.
- Develop a robust forecast with the goal of forecast accuracy for income/variances, working capital/operating cash flow.
- Develop consistent costing methodologies and reporting which include standard cost setting and inventory valuation. Responsible for all inventory and capital processes.
- Ultimately responsible for development consistent and compliant costing methodologies, which include standard cost setting, direct costing, lifo, capitalized variances, and overall inventory valuation.
- Maintain a robust and effective internal control environment and improve the overall internal control environment and improve accuracy and safe-guarding of inventory, supplies, and fixed assets.
- Interface with internal/external auditors and responsible for locations compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Compliance: Directs a continuing review of the division's accounting practices and reporting to ensure their correctness, appropriateness, and conformance to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), Financial Corporate Accounting Policies (FICAP) and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Prevention, elimination, and timely close-out of control deficiencies.
- Interprets, implements, and/or maintains divisional and corporate financial policies, practices and procedures, including provision of effective controls and audit capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA (preferred)
- CPA and/or CMA (preferred)
- Extensive practical finance experience (at least 10 years) in a manufacturing environment. Experience in a global environment preferred.
- Strong leadership, presentation skills, and ability to explain and communicate financial results to management in an understandable and actionable format for decision-making purposes.
- Demonstrated track record of building trust and operating effectively within a dynamic and changing organization.
- Team player with a strong ability to build relationships and instill confidence and trust with executive management and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator and negotiator with demonstrated influencing sills and the ability to build and leverage internal and external alliances.
- High level of proficiency at analysis of financial information and interpretation into useful information communicated to non-financial personnel
- Must be able to adapt to and work effectively in an environment of continuous change
- Ability to build highly effective teams and develop talent
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 9, 2018, 10:13:50 AM