Ingersoll Rand Light Commercial Unitary Portfolio Leader, Commercial HVAC North America/EMEA in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Light Commercial Unitary Portfolio Leader will act as the Product Growth team and Value Stream leader for this critical 800M portfolio (fully aligned with Clarksville operations and engineering). This Director level role will determine the strategic direction, investment allocation, and market condition indicators around significant product categories. The Light Commercial Unitary (LCU) Portfolio Leader will coach the Product Management team in the standard work, process and strategic practices around product Life-cycle management at Ingersoll Rand. This person will need to have a depth of understanding around product management, solid business and financial acumen and people leadership capability. This person should possess strong analytical skills to allow him/her to make decisions around a portfolio to accelerate profitable growth. He/She will be fully responsible for – and accountable to – meeting or exceeding Ingersoll-Rand’s organic revenue growth targets, maintaining or growing market share and expanding contribution margin.
Reporting to the VP Product Management and Marketing for Commercial HVAC NA/EMEA, this position can be based in Davidson, North Carolina or Clarksville, Tennessee.
• Set the growth strategy for the LCU product line including guiding product managers in the prioritization of specific investments to grow their product lines (incorporate trade-offs across new offers and existing product lines). Help to make resource allocation decisions in dialog with sector / P&L leaders and product managers. Provide support in the development of multi-generational product and technology plans, utilizing disciplined portfolio and innovation management processes and tools
• Ensure PGTs are using standard work for strategy, in-line management, TLME, and GDLO and provide coaching to them on application of processes and tools.
• Ensure customers` needs are being met through the entire value stream and build a strategy to stay close to the end- customer, indirect customer and sales to understand undiscovered or unmet needs that should influence new product development
• Develop talent management strategy based on strategic business plan in the areas of talent acquisition, employee development, engagement and retention. Build and align product line teams around a shared vision and drive a winning culture throughout the teams
• Define assessment process and confirm filtering and prioritization criteria that PGTs will use for the quantification of growth opportunities that would allow IR to participate in markets that are growing faster and most profitably
• Develop and adhere to an Annual Operating Plan coordinating planning across product lines as appropriate (i.e., for roles with multiple product lines reporting in)
• Establish and validate that accepted business case models (financial management, risk management, industry metrics - ROI) are being used across product portfolio
• Actively participate in PGT conversations and ratify that PGT plans are in line with overall portfolio strategy
• Ensure PGTs are performing against defined metrics in the plan including: Organic Growth revenue, Contribution Margin, Market Share, Price Realization, NPV of the Portfolio
• Lead directly and/or lead through influence the activities of the business functions on projects related to the product category(ies): Operations, Product Management, Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Innovation
• Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager with increasing levels of complexity
• A minimum of 7 years of people management experience
• Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
• 10 years of work experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
• Technical background, with experience in sales, marketing, or engineering preferred
• Excellent team management skills
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Sound program management, analysis, problem resolution, teambuilding, judgment and decision making skills
• Experience on international project and cross-functional teams
• Should have a proven track record of innovative solutions
• Must be able to travel 30-35% of the time
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Job: Product Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 4, 2018, 9:43:30 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.