Ingersoll Rand Operational Excellence - Value Stream Coach, HR Operations and Services in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Value Stream Coach will act as an agent of change for process improvement and lean manufacturing implementation and practices; driving the lean transformation and sustainment per directed expectations.
- Coach and develop line operations leaders from the front line to the VS manager on operating premier performing lean value streams through leadership culture and behavior changes, process operating rhythm, and method changes
- Coach and develop the full time OpEx change leaders to grow their OpEx knowledge, and coach for change management capabilities
- Coach all key contributors daily during formal gemba walks on developing a highly effective Daily Management process focused on management through mission control, creation of flow, adherence to standard work, and solid implementation of rigorous problem solving
- Work with the entire value stream organization (salary and hourly) to transform to a culture of significant focus on value for the customer, and rigorous continuous improvement
- Work with the value stream organization to develop value stream maps that establish future state targets on elimination of non-value added waste in product, material, and information flow
- Works with the value stream leadership team to develop strategies and plans within the transformation plan that attack the appropriate levers to maximize margin expansion and share gain.
- Works with the site and/or value stream leadership team to define and educate the workforce on a lean transformation plan of RIE’s, A3’s and JDI’s which will lead to achievement of future state targets and ensure the VSA A3 box 8 equals box 3 by the expiration target.
- Works with IRU and the site training department to develop and deliver programs to teach the workforce on lean manufacturing tools and concepts such as problem solving, A3/A4 management, leader as coach, Kanban, Kaizen, Value Stream mapping, visual management, lean conversion and pull.
- Works with team to implement materials and inventory management, distribution and logistics initiatives and problem solving
- Works with OpEx Change Leader team to ensure rigor around the pre-work, post work and conducting of the rapid improvement event weeks.
- Provides cost estimates and capital expenditure justification as necessary.
- Ensure compliance within the value stream with standard processes and standard tools, helps the value stream team develop and follow their personal leader standard work, and helps develop a culture of process discipline around operators following process standard work.
- Supports and meets Departmental, Plant and Corporate EHS goals. Works in a safe and efficient manner.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or related discipline desired (or equivalent education/ training/ experience).
- Minimum of 10 years of documented world class lean manufacturing experience.
- Proven experience implementing pull systems in a highly functioning an successful lean environment
- Strong proficiency in MRP / ERP / Pull systems: able to translate materials processes into ERP and pull environments
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing related safety requirements.
- Knowledge of personal computer applications required (Excel, Word, Visio, and PP).
- Excellent Team Facilitation Skills
- Extensive Gemba based continuous improvement based tools/techniques. Excellent documented leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with both senior management and production
- Ability to assign priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to interpret manufacturing schematics and blueprints.
- Able to mentor and facilitate lean culture change in an environment with varying acceptance
APICS CPIM certification
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Job: Operational Excellence
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 13, 2018, 7:02:19 AM