Ingersoll Rand Procurement Program Manager - Electronics in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary ：
Project leader responsible for multiple Procurement program and projects for the motors, drives, airflow and controls categories, working with cross-functional teams and standard work to build and execute project implementation plans for productivity, new product development, and continuous improvement projects. Lead all category activities in assigned NPD programs to assure readiness for pre-pilot, pilot, and production ramp up. Create any new standard work for end-of-life (EOL) and engineering change (ECN) approval. Partner with SBU teams to assist with projects charter, benefits, and resource requirements. Responsible for monitoring active EOL/ECN projects, updating status, eliminating roadblocks, and escalating issues as appropriate. Investigate, coordinate and communicate project changes. Identify gaps to goals and collaboratively develop and support countermeasures and activities to close the gap and exceed targets. Support Category teams goals by leading and executing supplier rationalization, quality and delivery improvement projects. Work to align strategies between category and Strategic Business Unit (SBU) localization, plant rationalization and similar.
Motors, Drive, Airflow and Controls, Global Procurement Team
- Project leader responsible for multiple Procurement projects, working with cross-functional teams and standard work to build and execute project implementation plans for productivity and continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for coordinating with category teams, materials, operations, engineering, finance, quality, and field operations to complete projects and achieve expected benefits within project timeline.
- Partner with Category to assist with projects charter, benefits, and resource requirements. Active participant in sector/plant productivity gate reviews ensuring that required cross-functional resources are allocated to execute projects as outlined.
- Responsible for monitoring active projects, updating status, eliminating roadblocks, and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Investigate, coordinate and communicate project changes. Create and make revisions to project schedules, business cases, risk assessments and other project management tools. Create and conduct presentations for project approvals and monthly status.
- Identify gaps to goals and collaboratively develop and support countermeasures and activities to close the gap and exceed targets.
- Manage reporting of Procurement financial metrics (forecast and actual) including productivity and inflation for responsible plants or projects Support the development of the Annual Operating Plan for productivity projects, targets and initiatives. Support standard setting process for responsible plants.
- Support Category teams goals by leading and executing supplier rationalization, quality and delivery improvement projects. Work to align strategies between Category and Sector localization, plant rationalization and similar.
- Coordinate continuous improvement ideation sessions for responsible plants. Generate and evaluate new ideas and opportunities aligned with plant priorities and strategies.
- Participate in and represent Procurement function during plant or product Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VAVE) or Major Model Review (MMR) events. Responsible for collecting and communicating Category actions following event.
- Lead all assigned category activities related to NPD programs assuring readiness for samples, pre-pilot, pilot, and production ramp up builds.
- Proactively work and communicate all shortages to program team and work with Category teams and suppliers to resolve.
- Issue purchase orders for sample, pilot, and production ramp up materials for assigned commodities.
- Assure all documents (purchase orders, shortage reports, and PPAP information) are loaded in project SharePoint sites.
- Assure correct suppliers are selected for new business by working with Category managers and following Category strategies.
- Communicate changes in supply base spend and new products to Category teams to assure optimum leverage as early as possible in the process.
- Assure suppliers have sufficient installed capacity to support production ramp up quantities and can sustain these capacities.
- BA/BS/ME degree in business or engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years of project management experience.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in procurement
- A minimum of 6 years of experience working in a diversified industrial company/organization in the areas of Procurement, New Product Development, Engineering, Project Management, Quality, Finance and/or Operations.
- Strong Analytic experience
- Working knowledge of six sigma tools, lean manufacturing a plus.
- Experience in International sourcing experience a plus.
- Experience in supplier development, materials management, and/or supplier quality a plus.
- Must be a strategic thinker and have demonstrated experience driving strategies
- Microsoft Project Expertise or similar systems a plus
- Experience running large complex cross functional projects
- Global project management experience a plus
- Oracle experience in a global environment is beneficial
- Ability to travel up to 20%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Supply Chain Acumen – Oversees development and execution of GSC strategies/playbooks for assigned components or services, drives utilization of common GSC tools to achieve optimal IR results that are Quality, Delivery, Price and Service balanced and corporate/governmental compliant.
- Project Management – Reviews and approves teams’ project plans, oversees project execution, balances projects between short and long-term focus, secures alignment with cross-functional partners.
- Global Business Thinking/Strategizing-Demonstrates deep global knowledge of suppliers, industry trends, emerging markets and technology, builds this knowledge into GSC strategies/playbooks, develops global talent.
- Problem Solving—Identifies/anticipates potential problems, supports root cause analysis, evaluates robustness of corrective action plan and oversees plan implementation.
- Relationship Management – Creates collaborative environment with cross-functional partners, assures regular/appropriate two-way communication flow, builds/maintains relationship with industry peers and suppliers, and reinforces GSC lead on “on IR voice” to the supply base.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 7, 2018, 9:04:12 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.