Ingersoll Rand Regional Demand Planner in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we arepassionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance thequality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficientenvironments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , ThermoKing® , Trane® , AmericanStandard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® -work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This position isprimarily responsible for developing the demand plans for assigned region andproducts. The position is also responsible for developing, coordinating,and aligning volume and revenue forecasts for assigned businesses and/or saleschannels ensuring that sales forecasts are visible, planned and supportedthrough the supply chain, delivering customer satisfaction and improvinginventory and working capital year over year. This position will interfacewith Commercial leaders, Supply Chain leaders and Finance as well as serving asthe primary contact in the region for Sales, Inventory, Operations and Planning(SIOP) issues.
- Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
- Creation of baseline commercial demand plan for assigned business, converting sales plans to unit plans
- Review historical sales, seasonality, market trends and demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Interact with Sales, Marketing, Product Development and Finance to understand demand forecast drivers
- Coordination of baseline plan with marketing teams for modification basis promotion, event and customer planning activities
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends
- Work proactively with Sales, Marketing, Product Management and Supply Chain personnel to avoid order shortages and excess inventory
- Provide input to the supply chain planning organization in developing strategies on existing items, new products and product phase-outs
- Provide proactive professional gap analysis of demand, financial and supply plans
- Adjustment of baseline forecasts to include demand forecast exceptions provided by sales team
- Lead participation in partnership meetings for the products and sales channels represented on behalf of regional sales & marketing team(s)
- Provide root cause analysis and corrective actions to continually improve demand plan quality
- Lead corrective action on behalf of regional SIOP team for demand plan accuracy, sales forecast accuracy, and/or supply plan accuracy
- Partner with SIOP process team and plant planners to facilitate maximum customer satisfaction, stakeholder satisfaction and financial performance
- Detail oriented and capable of producing high quality information on a sustainable basis
- Strong organizational skills to maintain accurate demand and forecast records
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of theknowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Understanding of SIOPprinciples and practices
- Previous forecasting/analytic experience preferred
- Advanced Skills in Excel and proficiency in Demand Solutions or other statistically based forecasting tools
- APICS / IBF certification or working towards a plus
- Alteryx and Tableau experience preferred
- BS degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Statistics, Operations Finance or Engineering
We are committed tohelping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offercompetitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies andcomprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed tobuilding an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the differentbackgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation,generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with IngersollRand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 12, 2018, 8:30:45 AM