Ingersoll Rand Sr. Electrical Engineer in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress aroundthe world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainableand efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance thequality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect foodand perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are aglobal business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduringresults. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The individual will be a member of a global product developmentteam as a Senior Electrical Engineer, responsible for design and analyticalduties for a new compressor portfolio. The position is responsible formultiple products/platforms on a global basis covering multiple manufacturingand design locations. The engineering team is a diverse internationalgroup, and the position demands continuous interaction across cultural and timezones.
Key deliverables include but are not limited to:
1. Safe, reliable, and efficient products that meet customer andregulatory requirements.
2. Product design is capable of being economically manufacturedand profitably sold in a competitive worldwide market.
3. Continued product improvement (warranty reduction, productenhancements, material productivity)
4. Introduction of new products to various global facilities
The position requires demonstrated project management experienceand will work side-by-side with global peers in Sales and Marketing, Services,Operations, and Sourcing.
- Key engineer for new product development projects. Coordinate activities of team members consisting of engineers, designers, detailers, and technicians.
- Develop detailed specifications and lead product and technical design reviews.
- Develop detailed project schedules and resource plans to coordinate activities of global team members using MS Project.
- Execute to project plans, meeting schedule and cost commitments as well as customer requirements.
- Identify areas requiring analysis. Perform design analysis and calculations with accuracy. Follow good engineering practices and develop practical solutions.
- Identify multiple candidate solutions, perform trade off studies and select optimum solution based on customer requirements as defined by the product design guide.
- Assist designers with calculations and design, develop test plans, work with laboratory on assembly, installation, and testing, data reductions, performance calculations and logical presentation of information in report format, make quality observations throughout the development and integrate them appropriately.
- Coordinate and provide technical support and assistance to other departments such as Assembly, Machining Operations, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Marketing, Quality Assurance, etc.
- Work closely with suppliers in all technical matters. Maintain contact throughout the project.
- Maintain documentation of high quality that can be put into project file, design manual and can meet ISO 9000 procedures.
- Preparation/assistance of BOM/EC releases consistent with division/department procedure.
- Provide technical input for product literature, decal, technical manual, etc.
- Assist in resolving all warranty and field problems.
- Incorporate lessons learned from field issues into new product designs through FMEA process.
- Stay current with engineering fundamentals and technology.
- Experience with AC motors and variable speed drive selection and testing
- 5 years of strong electrical engineering focused experience required
BSEE or BSME with strong EE focusrequired
Electrical and electromechanical controls design experience and knowledge in the areas of control panel and component sizing/design, motor specifications and selection, as well as wiring harness design and documentation.
- Keen familiarity with all applicable global electrical codes and standards, including: NEC 70, NFPA 79, IEEE 519, UL508a
- Demonstrated leadership skills
Extensive experience in the following areas:
Control panel design & layout
- Wire routing and ability to create and maintain electrical schematics
- Overcurrent and short-circuit protection
- SCCR calculations/analysis
- Transformer sizing
- Conductor sizing
- Sheetmetal enclosure design and familiarity with enclosure types (i.e. NEMA or IEC)
Control panel testing, including: functional, environmental, and to regulatory standards
Ability to work within global electrical team/network and follow IR standard processes and tools to increase efficiency
- Demonstrated team player capable of working with multiple engineering teams located in USA, Europe, China, & India.
- Trained and experienced in latest Project Management techniques and MS Project and/or equivalent software
- Experience with Office tools such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to handle several assignments and provide leadership in large strategic matrix organizations.
- Capable of generating creative and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience in industrial machine design
- Experience with compressor system design (specifically rotary compressor technology)
- Experience with soft starter selection and testing
- Experience with Windchill or similar data management software
- Familiar with new product development review process (IRPDP)
- Ability to negotiate critical issues in a timely manner
- Communicate at the highest levels of the organization and with suppliers/customers at equivalent level
- Experience with robust engineering design, including P-diagram, DFMEA, DVP&R principles
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personaland financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with ourbusiness strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live yourhealthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture thatengages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of ouremployee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions andenhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing aboutbold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong withIngersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: May 22, 2018, 12:28:17 PM