Ingersoll Rand VP Finance, Residential HVAC & Supply in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a 13B global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
Residential HVAC & Supply offers a broad portfolio of energy efficient heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems, home automation, parts support and advanced controls for residential and light commercial applications. Our brands include Trane, American Standard, Ameristar and Nexia™, delivering reliability, comfort and efficiency to homeowners. Our Supply business offers both OEM and wholesale brands to fit every application for residential and commercial customers under the Trane, Service First, and Start to Finish brands.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The VP Finance for the Ingersoll Rand Residential and Supply Strategic Business Unit is a key member of the SBU Leadership Team and the Finance Leadership Team. This proactive business leader will bring strong finance, accounting, analysis, financial controls, planning and business partnership skills to this $3B strategic business unit.
The position and SBU are headquartered in Davidson, North Carolina. The position is a direct report of the SBU President and also reports dotted line to the Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Ingersoll Rand.
• Provide leadership to execute the SBU strategy, drive change, and operating performance of the business.
• Partners with the senior leadership team to develop the business strategy and drive the translation of strategic goals into actionable/measurable business plans.
• Through the Finance Leadership Team, provide functional leadership and support projects to develop talent, improve functional excellence through Enterprise finance standard policies and standard work. Major areas of focus are reducing complexity, automating processes and improve quality through our Business Operating System.
• Maintain the SBU’s fiscal integrity and internal control system. Provide strong leadership and oversight of financial controls and systems.
• Lead the SBU planning and forecasting process with appropriate levels of variance.
• Partners for effective execution of project initiatives including capital investments, restructure projects, footprint utilization, new product launch, etc.
• Drives operational excellence, improves margins and executes the business plan.
• Reviews, develops and approves forecasts, plans, inventory standards, capital investments, productivity initiatives, and business case proposals.
• Assimilates, evaluates, and correlates associated risk/benefit trade-offs of project proposals and subsequent tracking and reporting to ensure achievement of planned return on investment.
• Interprets, implements, and/or maintains divisional and corporate financial policies, practices and procedures, including provision of effective controls and audit capabilities.
• Build and direct a world-class finance team utilizing systems and processes to support corporate and business unit activities. Coach, develop, and upgrade talent as required.
• Partner with Enterprise Services to identify business requirements. High interaction with OTC, Treasury, Tax and record to report on a regular basis.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated “world-class” competencies in an industrial Finance role preferably within another diversified industrial or operational environment. He or she must have exceptional leadership skills in organizational strategy, effective program and process execution, organizational capability, and change management. The ideal candidate will have meaningful experience in both manufacturing and commercial environments and be familiar with operational excellence (Lean) methodologies in manufacturing and Finance.
Other key qualifications include:
• Significant experience of progressive responsibility in finance roles in plant, divisional, and/or headquarter environments.
• Ability to influence operating executives and act as a true business partner.
• Significant experience in finance roles with direct interaction with global markets and deep experience with multiple channels to include distribution, company-owned and retail.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required; MBA and CPA preferred.
• Strong leadership including talent development skills. Unquestioned integrity and character.
• Effective presentation skills, which include the ability to explain and communicate financial results to management in an understandable and actionable format
• Hands on, drives results and actions.
• Comfortable and effective working with all organizational levels in a heavily matrixed organization environment.
• Exceptional interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
• Ability to develop and implement Finance strategies that align with BU and Enterprise. Drive accountability with the team and SBU organization.
• Experience with systems (ERP) implementation.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 24, 2018, 2:05:12 PM