Ingersoll Rand VP, Information Technology Security in DAVIDSON, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a 14B global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Vice President Information Technology (IT) Security is responsible for the development and execution of cybersecurity strategic policy, technology plans and investments. The VP IT Security leads the executive leadership team by recommending and prioritizing investments and projects that mitigate overall cybersecurity risks, strengthen defenses and reduce vulnerabilities for development, internal and client facing systems. This CISO equivalent role serves as an expert advisor to the Board of Directors and senior management in the development, implementation and maintenance of a Company-wide information security governance framework to ensure best practice control objectives are achieved for cyber system and data integrity, availability, confidentiality, accountability and assurance.
• Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure that the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information is owned, controlled or processed by the organization
• Facilitate information security governance through the implementation of a governance program, including the formation of an information security steering committee or advisory board
• Develop, maintain and publish up-to-date information security policies, standards and guidelines. Oversee the approval, training, and dissemination of security policies and practices
• Create, communicate and implement a risk-based process for vendor risk management, including the assessment and treatment for risks that may result from partners, consultants and other service providers
• Develop and manage information security budgets, and monitor them for variances
• Create and manage information security and risk management awareness training programs for all employees, contractors and approved system users
• Provide regular reporting on the current status of the information security program to enterprise risk teams, senior business leaders and the board of directors as part of a strategic enterprise risk management program
• Create a framework for roles and responsibilities with regard to information ownership, classification, accountability and protection
• Develop and enhance an information security management framework
• Provide strategic risk guidance for IT projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls
• Coordinate information security projects with resources from the IT organization and business unit teams
• Create and manage a unified and flexible control framework to integrate and normalize the wide variety and ever-changing requirements resulting from global laws, standards and regulations
• Ensure that security programs are in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies to minimize or eliminate risk and audit findings
• Liaise among the information security team and corporate compliance, audit, legal and HR management teams as required
• Define and facilitate the information security risk assessment process, including the reporting and oversight of treatment efforts to address findings
• Manage security incidents and events to protect corporate IT assets, including intellectual property, regulated data and the company's reputation
• Monitor the external threat environment for emerging threats, and advise relevant stakeholders on the appropriate courses of action
• Liaise with external agencies, such as law enforcement and other advisory bodies as necessary, to ensure that the organization maintains a strong security posture
• Develop and oversee effective disaster recovery policies and standards to align with enterprise business continuity management program goals. Coordinate the development of implementation plans and procedures to ensure that business-critical services are recovered in the event of a security event. Provide direction, support and in-house consulting in these areas
• Facilitate a metrics and reporting framework to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the program, facilitate appropriate resource allocation, and increase the maturity of the security
• Lead, develop and motivate a team of cybersecurity professionals across the enterprise, and provide talent management stewardship for their continued professional development.
• Bachelor degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred
• Minimum of eight to 10 years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and IT jobs. At least four must be in a senior leadership role. Employment history must demonstrate increasing levels of responsibility
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences including Board of Directors and other executive levels
• Proven track record and experience in developing global information security policies and procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of excellence in a dynamic environment
• Demonstrated experience managing various levels of talent and performance
• Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations
• Must be a critical thinker, with strong problem-solving skills
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, such as SOX, PCI DSS, BASEL II, and EU DPD
• Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT and ones from NIST
• Professional security management certification, such as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials, is required
• Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
• Project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling and resource management
• Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
• Understands “voice of the customer” and develops mechanisms to proactively sense adoption and usage patterns of consumer technologies by end users so that policy can align with need
• Experience with contract and vendor negotiations
• High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
• High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision
• Willing to travel internationally (estimate 20%)
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: DAVIDSON-North Carolina
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 27, 2018, 9:19:40 AM