Ingersoll Rand Process Solution Specialist in EVANS, Georgia
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Under the direction of the Operational Excellence Department Leader on the Caddy Shack Team, this position is responsible for helping drive continuous improvement projects plant-wide by assisting in the rapid prototyping of improvement ideas and developing them into cost-effective solutions. As a Process Solution Specialist on the Caddy Shack Team you will take direct guidance from the lead Process Solution Technician in carrying out your overall job responsibilities. This role will primarily drive improvements throughout the organization by tactically supporting in numerous formats such as Kaizen Events, Rapid Improvement Events, and other Lean transformation activities.
- Assist the lead Process Solutions Technician in welding/fabricating: tables, work stations, carts, tool stands, and error proofing devices, along with any other devices that will help improve safety, quality, and productivity.
- Modify existing racks/equipment to improve its effectiveness in any given process.
- Will often be working with operators trying to turn improvement ideas into a workable, safe solutions
Actively support or collaborate in the designing and build of various process solution projects
Assisting the lead Process Solutions Technician and Operations Department in problem solving issues
Follow and build projects which meet or exceed Club Car/OSHA safety regulations & ergonomic standards
Reinforce Club Car's desire for Continuous Improvement Environment
Support Kaizen events comprised of multi-functional team members
Maintain both shop and equipment cleanliness along with personal safety
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a welder, fabricator, machinist, mechanic, or other related position
- Communication - Ability to verbally explain in both small group settings (team meetings) or present to large crowds (Kaizen Event report-outs/etc.) a project's design safety/ functionality/ limitations/ benefits.
- Mechanical – Thorough knowledge of machines and tools used for fabrication and general mechanical repair.
- Structural – Working knowledge of how to safely design, build, and verify basic mechanical fabrications and shapes constructed from various materials (steel, wood, aluminum, etc.)
- Production and Processing – Basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality controls, costs, and other elements associated with an effective manufacturing system.
- Capability of developing an increasing knowledge of OSHA / Club Car safety guidelines
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Equipment use and Maintenance – Proficient with the use and maintenance of basic fabrication equipment including, but not limited to: welders, shears, brakes, torches, band saws, chop/cold saws, table saw,…
- Critical Thinking – good use of logic in understanding and solving problems
- Creative Thinking – ability to look at problems from many angles to find simple, effective solutions
- The ability to work well with others and to “listen” to multiple peoples' ideas, while providing input, but deliver safe effective solutions which allow the “team” to determine the path and support
- Self-starter – takes the initiative to identify & drive improvement
- Openness to continue self-development
·ALL qualified, interested CCI associatesmust apply on line through Club Net at:
My Ingersoll RandèPersonal ProgressèGrowthèManage My CareerèSearch Jobs.
·Voluntarily accepting a job in a pay grade lower than the one to which you are currently assigned will result in a reduction of pay to the top of grade for the new position.
·Qualifiedco-associate candidates must notify their staffing representative/ recruiter of their interest.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: EVANS-Georgia
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 18, 2018, 7:22:09 AM