Ingersoll Rand Senior Mechanical Engineer in EVANS, Georgia
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join the Club Car product development team.
- Lead the design process of vehicle related components and modules from concept to production.
- Work directly with all facets of the organization to ensure project success with respect to Quality, Delivery and Cost goals.
- Develop product development plans that include product cost and project cost and schedule estimating.
- Transform market requirements into system, subsystem and component product requirements.
- Conduct DFMEA
- Create Design Validation Plans
- Utilize PTC Creo to design & develop mechanical components, subsystems and systems
- Incorporate tolerance studies and DFMA
- Create and release component and assembly drawings using GD&T when appropriate
- Lead and engage cross functional teams to ensure quality, delivery and cost metrics are attained
- MS or BS in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 7 years of experience
- Demonstrated expertise in product & assembly design for different manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated use and experience with CAD software; PTC Creo preferred
- Demonstrated use and experience in GD&T
- Detailed understanding of mechanical engineering principles.
- Strong ability to handle both complex and ambiguous situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously – mixing long term projects with the urgency of immediate demands.
- The right individual will be self-motivated, a strong collaborator, able to think creatively and work with others to find solutions, drive execution, and focus on results.
- Solid Project Management/leadership skills
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently understand and organize information necessary to make engineering decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to follow internal engineering design processes and best practices.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: EVANS-Georgia
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 10, 2018, 7:57:51 AM