Ingersoll Rand Senior Tool and Die Machinist in EVANS, Georgia
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® -work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Senior Tool & Die Machinist will perform complex tool & die processes under minimal supervision. Plans, lays out parts and performs bench and machine operations to construct, alter or repair a variety of dies, tools, jigs and fixtures according to written, verbal or electronic specifications. In addition, this candidate will also be expected to work with our tool designer to develop tool design skills as listed below.
1. Builds and maintains tools, dies, jigs and fixtures for complex design and purpose according to written, verbal or electronic instructions.
2. Organizes and determines work procedures and sequences, selects materials in accordance with specifications and lays out complex project components for machining operations.
3. In absence of specifications or design details, proceeds from own conception and selects materials, dimensional tolerances, materials treatment methods, etc. to complete tooling as requested.
4. Proceeds on work assignments with minimal supervision and direction with specific instructions provided on unusual work or design changes.
5. Uses various gages, micrometers, calipers and other precision tools to lay out work, setup machines and check completed product.
6. Assist in cleaning tool and die work area and ensuring all equipment is maintained properly and have knowledge and experience with 5S.
7. Performs other duties as required.
8. Create CNC programs for machining complex parts using Mastercam software.
1. Knowledge of the proper use of Windchill.
2. Experience checking in and out models and assemblies within Windchill.
3. Gain proficiency in creating models, assemblies and drawings using Pro Engineer.
4. Possess the ability to develop complex & robust designs for tools, dies and machinery with minimal supervision.
5. Capable of creating tools and fixtures using surface modeling techniques with Pro E.
- Min Two-year degree required.
- Must be capable of running the following equipment: drill press, radial drill, lathes, grinders, mills, saws, welder/cutting torch and heat treat furnace.
- Experience running and programming of CNC controlled machining centers and wire EDM using Mastercam.
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Preferred experience with Pro E software.
- Strong time management skills
- Strong creativity in problem solving
- Strong collaboration
- Strong computer skills
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: EVANS-Georgia
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 7, 2018, 7:33:49 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.