Ingersoll Rand Supplier Quality Engineer in EVANS, Georgia
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Serve as a Supplier Quality Engineer for various mechanical commodities with a focus in New Product Development. Work directly with Suppliers and fellow SQEs to develop process capabilities and quality systems. Conduct on site reviews, process audits, and PPAP support at the supplier locations. SQE will have ownership of Supplier Quality from Receiving Inspection through the entire process to receipt at Customer. Drive the Corrective and Preventative Action process to ensure proper closure of issues. Gather and analyze failure data to drive continuous improvement activities with Club Car engineering, manufacturing, and support teams.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and help resolve any reported quality/performance problems due to purchased parts.
- Facilitate any needed corrective actions with the Suppliers to solve and prevent future failures.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the use of problem solving tools.
- Perform analysis on failure data to drive continuous improvement activities with the Continuing Engineering team.
- Ensure the creation, review, and updating of APQP documentation based off of Supplier failure data and lessons learned.
- Liaise with Tactical Supplier Quality Engineers to facilitate problem solving, root cause analysis, or provide technical explanations on systemic supplier quality issues.
- Support daily and weekly Non-Conforming Material reviews.
- Serve as project manager for any assigned projects.
- Create ad-hoc data queries to pull needed data.
- Travel to Supplier locations for on-site reviews, process audits, PPAP support, and Specific Supplier Development activities as needed.
- Ownership of Supplier PPAP.
- Work in cross functional Commodity Teams with local Sourcing, Planning, Engineering as well as Corporate IR Commodity Teams.
- Provide Technical /Product knowledge support to Operations and other support groups.
- Trouble shooting product performance issues
- Management of Supplier Quality complaints
- Engage Structured Problem Solving techniques as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Preferred
- Lean Six Sigma (Any Level) Preferred
- >2 years’ experience in quality
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft software programs, database programs, etc.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- The individual should understand tolerance stack up analysis and layout.
- The individual should be able to read GD&T drawings and assist suppliers in interpretation of drawings.
- The individual should have basic metallurgical knowledge.
- Ability to use, maintain, and repair Metrology equipment and hand tools
- Project Management
- Correlation of analysis to testing
- Structured Problem Solving
- Statistical & Reliability principles
- Mechanical Drawings / GD&T
- Design of Experiments
- Leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Process oriented
- Proven experience of developing internal processes for the effective dissemination of information
- Strong with Data Analysis
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: EVANS-Georgia
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 2, 2018, 9:55:44 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.