Ingersoll Rand Systems Control & Embedded Software Engineer in EVANS, Georgia
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
* Job Summary: *
Club Car is seeking an energetic and entrepreneurial minded Systems Controls & Embedded Software Engineer to join our embedded development team. At Club Car, System Controls & Embedded Software Engineers are an integral part of a variety of interesting and challenging projects associated with our next generation vehicle offerings.Club Car provides individuals with an exceptional opportunity to experience state-of-the-art technology and be on the forefront of innovation.The System Controls & Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for architecting, designing and implementing embedded software solutions for Club Car’s next generation EV/Autonomous vehicle platforms.The System Controls & Embedded Software Engineer gathers system requirements, creates specifications, and utilizes their technical skills to design, develop, and validate embedded solutions.This includes working with team members and third-party contractors/consultants.This role will simultaneously be involved in multiple projects as well as having direct interaction with customers, Product Management, executives, and suppliers/development partners.This individual will be a key contributor in growing our business by balancing risk and reward using advanced engineering and project management tools. This position offers the opportunity to follow your work from concept to production and will require you to apply both analytical and hands-on skills.
* Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added): *
- Architect and develop embedded software for vehicle control modules
- Develop control algorithms using Matlab and Simulink
- Architect and implement CAN communication and associated protocols
- Troubleshooting and fault protection
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities by looking for and suggesting new methods, tools, and processes that will improve efficiencies and/or quality of vehicle software
- Work with technical project managers to identify project scope, establish budgets, and develop project schedules.
- Develop and maintain embedded C/C software as required
- Implement vehicle bus communication drivers and application software as required
- Develop and maintain software documentation
- Participate in the preparing / authoring functional and technical requirement specifications
- Aid with integration of software related components
- Assist in the creation of validation tests in conjunction with other team members including HIL, SIL, and MIL models
- Become familiar with power system modules and electrical vehicle controls and safety features
- Develop laboratory test plans and analyze test data.
- Provide guidance and leadership to designers, lab technicians and other team members as required
* Essential Skills or Knowledge: *
- Automotive background (Specifically EV/HEV)
- Demonstrated proficiency in MatLab and Simulink Embedded coder
- Knowledge of MotoHawk/ MotoTune or similar toolchain
- Knowledge of CANalyzer toolchain
- Demonstrated proficiency with Electric Vehicle Propulsion control systems
- Familiarity of Battery Management Systems
- Familiarity of SoC/SoH algorithms
- Proficient in programming languages such as C/C
- Proficient understanding in basic electrical systems/components
- Experience with embedded programing
- Experience with communication protocols such as CANOpen, J1939, etc
- Experience in using software development tools
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM software development methodologies
- Experience in software revision control and production deployment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
* Minimum Qualifications: *
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (Masters preferred)
- Requires 2-3 years embedded real-time software development experience (excluding college projects)
- Systems Engineering or Control System Design experience is a plus.
- Must have project experience with implementing vehicle communication bus protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc.), along with software integration.
- CANDIDATES NOT MEETING THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
CANDIDATES WITH INDUSTRIAL CONTROL EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: EVANS-Georgia
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 27, 2018, 11:15:54 AM