Ingersoll Rand Application Engineer I in FORT SMITH, Arkansas
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This position is the responsible interface with the outside sales force and their clients in day to day activities of order procurement.
• Provide application, budget, layout, competitive review, takeoff, selection, and pricing support for field sales organization.
• Design custom air handling units, which includes component engineering selections, air-handling equipment layouts, and specification development.
• Advise project leaders on competitive advantages/disadvantages necessary in setting the most effective strategy for bids or design work.
• Generate detailed proposals based on product selections and variations to the plan and specs.
• Reviews budgets and price quotations with Order Acquisition Manager prior to sending to the customer.
• Provide complete package of information to the submittal team on new orders received.
• Participate in formal hand off meeting with the submittal team on new orders received.
• Take ownership as project manager on complex or strategic jobs as required.
• Be a technical liaison with field order entry personnel.
• Host/assist with Customer visits and Factory Witness Testing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Four-year BS degree in engineering plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in air handler design or equivalent along with a thorough knowledge of design, specification and pricing of air handling units. Experiencing in custom air handling is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Good understanding of Trane products/systems and excellent understanding of Air Handling Units & Systems.
• Competent in reading plans & specifications; clear & concise technical writing style.
• Desire to continuously seek improvement in existing process.
• Must be tactful, assertive, and an effective and clear decision-maker; ability to deal effectively with customers, sales assistants, and field sales force required.
• Creative and energetic personality willing to assume multi-dimensional role in a fast paced custom manufacturing business.
• Good personal and end-user computing skills.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-player skills required
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Ability to make effective promotional and in-depth technical presentations required.
• Must be autonomous (self-starter), have good problem solving skills, and be able to manage time and priorities.
• Project management skill and experience is preferred.
• Experienced in the use of AutoCAD is preferred.
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, Word, Access, and TOPSS.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: FORT SMITH-Arkansas
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 28, 2018, 3:58:25 PM