Ingersoll Rand Estimator (HVAC) in GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Trane has a new exciting opportunity to join our organization as an Estimator. The Estimator at Trane Creative Solutions is responsible for computing costs associated with projects. This position is required to closely interact with the Trane CS Sales Engineers, Project Managers, Project Engineers, and assigned project staff to ensure timely completion of each project
- Computing cost estimates for materials, purchased equipment, labor and other construction-related activities to assist management in bidding on or determining price of project.
- Collects project data and compares to our capabilities.
- Working knowledge of refrigerant piping, electrical, and hydronic piping schematics.
- Utilizes blueprints and specifications and knowledge of construction industry to analyze project needs and compile cost estimates.
- Creation of preliminary proposal.
- Responsible for identifying potential cost savings and/or cost problems that may occur on various projects.
- Prepares transition documents and communicates project readiness for assignment to operations team.
- Documents work by maintaining files for each job.
- Calculates unit performance.
- Sizes and selects components.
- Obtains and validates vendor quotes.
- Generates and distributes final proposal.
- Attends, contributes to, and/or leads meetings with team members, salesmen, customers, and management as needed.
- Follows standards; helps improve literature, templates, and product quality standards.
- Uses a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD, Trane selection and pricing programs, and specialty vendor programs to create submittals, construction drawings, wiring diagrams, B.O.M.s, and IOM manuals.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Other functions may be assigned
- Associate's degree in engineering, engineering technology or business management or one to three years experience in estimating, engineering or construction management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with the operation of HVAC systems and temperature controls.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of all facets of construction including mechanical, electrical, plumbing systems, etc. preferred. Must have strong financial and business acumen and a history of running projects on time and on budget.
- Experience working directly with building owners is a plus.
- Must be able to travel locally
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: GRAND RAPIDS-Michigan
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 21, 2018, 1:27:17 PM