Ingersoll Rand HVAC Technician Apprentice in GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan
Bombardment At IngersollRand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. Weadvance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficientenvironments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality andcomfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food andperishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are aglobal business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduringresults. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is adiverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer,dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals withdisabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The BestCompany for HVAC Field Technician Apprentices:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smart phone
As a HVAC FieldTechnician Apprentice, you will be primarily responsible for assisting HVACField Technicians in the installation and repair of environmental controlsystems, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, control systems, pipefitting, and structural layouts. Ingersoll Rand/Trane affords you the opportunityto work directly for a leading manufacture giving you access to technicalsupport, training on newest technology and comprehensive career paths withopportunity for growth. In this position you will establish &maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workers througheffective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer, and faceto face. You will perform scheduled and unscheduled preventativemaintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests including replacement,and modifications of equipment or systems as needed or requested bycustomers. Communicating with customers and/or Project Managersregarding inspection/service findings is required.
- Responsible for assisting and learning end to end testing, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Represents the company by learning to serve as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Coordinates with supervising Field Technician and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 0-2 years of experience in HVAC is required. Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning is preferred.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous 5 years
Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
We are committed tohelping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. Weoffer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies andcomprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committedto building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values thedifferent backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spursinnovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
If you share our passionfor inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economiesand societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins withyou.
Primary Location: GRAND RAPIDS-Michigan
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 1, 2018, 1:47:27 PM