Ingersoll Rand Environmental Health & Safety Specialist in HASTINGS, Nebraska
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The EHS Specialist supports the site EHS program by providing safety and health training, implementation of EHS programs, enforcement of policies and procedures and recommends safety improvements. The position is also responsible for driving world class excellence standards in manufacturing processes; recommends and promotes safe and healthy working conditions, assesses, inspects and recommends measures for the reduction and elimination of safety and health risks; participates in the development of the health and safety program and assures operations comply with applicable health and safety laws/regulations, good business practices and company requirements. This is a first shift position.
Essential functions and responsibilities include the following . Other functions may be assigned.
- Assists in the development of and maintains EHS policies, procedures, methods to drive overall EHS performance excellence while reducing the risk of accidents, injuries and losses.
- Provides technical expertise, safety training, guidance and coaching on EHS matters to all levels of plant personnel to drive and sustain a comprehensive and pro-active safety culture.
- Facilitates EHS training and orientation where appropriate, identifies EHS related training requirements for associates and supports processes to ensure training effectiveness and compliance.
- Use established EHS data processes to manage and report data such as, but not limited to, injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items, and other pertinent information.
- Assist supervisors with performing root cause analysis of all EHS incidents, including near misses.
- Ensures regulatory compliance by assisting in coordinating all activities and action items.
- Organize and manage teams (i.e. health and safety committees) to identify and implement safety improvements, waste reductions, and resource conservation. Drive incident and near-miss reporting. Perform root-cause analysis on incidents and injuries to determine specific actions needed to prevent their reoccurrence.
- Proactively identify and promptly address Environmental, Safety & Health issues which may affect operations.
- Observe workers and evaluate job activities to determine use of prescribed safety equipment such as glasses, goggles, ear plugs, safety shoes, respirators, clothing, harnesses, and other safety equipment.
- Execute action plans to reduce worker injury rates.
- Assists in the collection, tracking and reporting of H&S metrics, and safety suggestions to completion.
- Conducts site and process EHS inspections and evaluations; IH exposure monitoring/studies, incident analysis. Provide reports of findings, risk reduction recommendations and corrective measures.
- Conducts ergonomic and risk assessments.
- Assists in worker’s compensation program, administers the return-to-work program and responsible for case management.
- Maintain the safety data sheet and new chemical request process.
- Oversee the facility emergency response team to ensure the appropriate training in emergency response, spill response, disaster preparedness, and crisis management. Ensure drills and equipment are in a ready state and effective communication of responsibilities to personnel.
- Participate as a member on the emergency response team(s).
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or other related field required. May consider a candidate actively enrolled in pursuit of a similar degree.
- A minimum of 5 years practical safety experience in a previous role.
- Strong ability to lead, motivate, engage and influence others.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills, strong time-management skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of provincial occupational health and safety, Worker's Compensation, and applicable environmental legislation.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, including written and oral.
- Good computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point). Experience with Gensuite is an asset.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: HASTINGS-Nebraska
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Type: Entry Job/Early Talent
Posting: Jul 3, 2018, 9:45:38 AM