Ingersoll Rand Contracting Project Specialist I in HOLLAND, Ohio
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Manage all aspects of construction projects, from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution while leading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific objectives in a given time frame and with available resources. Responsible for the administration, implementation and management of construction projects. Accountable for assigned projects’ scope of work, schedule and budget. Responsible for the commissioning, diagnosis, and repair of environmental-control systems, utilizing knowledge of electronics, direct digital control, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, and control techniques. May also be responsible for hardware and software design activities for small building automation systems, utilizing engineering principles and practices for work on assigned projects.
In addition, this role is responsible for projects that have the following criteria:
- Small or fast track Controls projects as defined by the local office.
- Controls Direct and Indirect projects that have strategic value in the District Office
- Projects are simple to medium in complexity and are not in highly regulated industries
- Able to manage multiple vendors and one subcontractor.
- May work underneath a Construction Project Manager level 2 or 3.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, interpreting control drawings, plans, and specifications, to mount, assemble, test, and program the system.
- Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and customer satisfaction.
- Plans and analyzes assigned projects, establishes schedules and project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital control systems.
- Meets with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Supports the sales function by assisting with quote preparation and proposal.
- Examines and reviews contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
- Ensures compliance with internal contracting processes.
- Establishes an operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
- Responsible for maintaining the project budget to forecasted values.
- Creates and makes revisions to project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
- Oversees the following: preparation of Trane material and vendor orders; recording the receipt of materials and approving payments.
- Provides sales leads to appropriate personnel.
- Prepares sub-contractor request for quotation’s (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
- Receives and qualifies subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
- Responsible for project cash-flow management: progress billing, collections support and monitoring, and resource management.
- Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Records parts, material, labor, and other cost data per assignment and returns unused resources.
- Ensures that quality standards are maintained for assigned projects.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Establishes professional relationship and communicates with field support staff and customers and their representatives. Interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
- Provides technical support to customers on assigned projects.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
- Provides training and follow-up training at customer site.
- Obtains acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the customer.
- Responsible for the successful transition of warranty to the service process.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear.
- Maintains own company vehicle where applicable by keeping records of service manuals, scheduling, completed repairs and maintenance service.
- Maintains assigned stock of inventory, company equipment, and documents all related activities.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs direct digital control systems at customer's location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Identifies parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Some travel with occasional overnight stays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least four years of construction industry experience; or two year degree from technical college in related field with four years of experience in the construction industry or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience and knowledge in using Project Management Tools (CPM, PERT, Gantt Charts) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, current Project Management tool suite, PeopleSoft Contracts and Projects is preferred.
- Mastery of Controls Technician level II skills and competencies.
- Familiarity with financially guaranteed contracts, the operation of energy management systems, HVAC systems, temperature controls, and process control systems is preferred.
- Must possess the communication skills and level of literacy, scientific knowledge and mathematical skills commensurate with the completion of High School and/or higher level education.
- Must have a general working knowledge of basic engineering, electricity, mechanical HVAC systems and the building construction industry.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: HOLLAND-Ohio
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 15, 2018, 9:14:52 AM