Ingersoll Rand HVAC Application Engineer II in HONOLULU, Hawaii
AtIngersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around theworld. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family ofbrands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & AirConditioning and ARO® -work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Responsible for the equipment portion of various projectsincluding validating the equipment selection, pricing, discounts, and submittalprocesses of the equipment portion of projects as required, from beginning toend, to accomplish specific objectives in a given time frame and with limitedresources. Accountable for the strategy and performanceachievement of the specific budget objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include thefollowing. Other functions may be assigned.
- Responsible for the optimization/validation of theequipment to include selection of size, configuration, voltage, options, etc.of the HVAC equipment by reviewing the plans, specifications, original estimateand proposal.
- Responsible for evaluating possible cost savingsand/or cost problems that will occur on various projects.
- Validates project scope by reviewing transition documents,plans and specs; listing possible cost savings and problems; planning EQ/ VPPdollar breaks; and validating quantities and configurations.
- Supports sales and develops preliminary submittalsand/or final submittals as required.
- Responsible for preparing the correct equipment fororder entry.
- Maintains competitive advantage and stays abreast ofindustry trends.
- Maintains job-related supplied inventory by recordingquantities required.
- Optimizes expenses by negotiating prices with vendorsfor materials.
- Verifies equipment pricing and revising coordinationworksheet.
- Validates outside equipment and service purchaseprices.
- Obtains discounts and enters discounts into LYNX.
- Documents work by maintaining files for each job.
- Obtains and validates vendor submittals.
- Responsible for holding job cost consensus meeting andsubmittal release and makes any necessary changes.
- Generates and distributes final submittal.
- Modifies equipment pricing as necessary and reconcilesjob costs as necessary.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours, asrequired.
Maysupervise employees during the administrative processes. Carries outsupervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies andapplicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, anddirecting work and appraising performance.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, anindividual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Therequirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/orability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate orBachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Construction orEngineering Technology, or other related areas; or two (2) to three (3) yearsof experience in the HVAC industry performing project management or estimatingroles; or an equivalent combination of education and workexperience. Windows/ Microsoft Office productknowledge. Familiarity with HVAC Systems and/or Temperature Controlspreferred.
Abilityto read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenanceinstructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routinereports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively beforegroups of customers or employees of organization.
Abilityto add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using wholenumbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate,ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to applycommon sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written,oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involvingseveral concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described hereare representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfullyperform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may bemade to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit,talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk;use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop,kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/ormove up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this jobinclude close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORKENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here arerepresentative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Thework environment is of the typical office work environment.
Weare committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financialgoals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our businessstrategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We arecommitted to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well asvalues the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, inturn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with IngersollRand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: HONOLULU-Hawaii
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 13, 2018, 8:20:00 AM