Ingersoll Rand Manager-Qual/ME Engineering in Jiangsu, China
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The AQE (Advanced Quality Planning Engineer) Manager will be responsible for leading CIEM AQEs to achieve QDC (Quality, Delivery, Cost) goals of new product offerings and engineered conversions on existing field-installed equipment. This position ensures completion of all APQP activities associated with new product offerings and/or engineered conversions, acting as overall project manager of project quality leads (AQE). The AQEs will influence business bottom line results by leading, delivering and reporting IR-internal Advanced Quality Planning activities for new product development programs and changes using IRPDP (Ingersoll Rand’s Product Development Process standard work). The responsibility includes all quality related aspects of production readiness (AQP / IRPDP), risk assessments, launches, validation, product transfers and management of change and controlled hand over to the manufacturing plant ensuring product quality and customer satisfaction by leading multifunctional groups utilizing visual management (key leading indicators and performance metrics) for AQP effectiveness and providing feed-back and actively suggesting improvements to the IR lean quality management system / BOS( Business Operating Systems). The AQE Manager must have the technical knowledge and management experience in Quality Engineering along with Project experience to ensure the high level of Quality Assurance in each project.
- Partners with PMO team and demonstrates the ability to provide APQP and BOS leadership for AQEs and team members in the execution of projects and follow through as needed
- Works closely with Product Management, Engineering, Procurement, Finance, Operations and other functions to ensure efficient and timely project deliverables to both internal and external customers.
- Coaches and develops AQEs in BOS, Quality Management, APQP and project management including risk assessment of strategic, technical, finance, political or business factors impacting the project
- Provides work direction and general project management oversight to assigned projects including scheduling, assignment of work, and review of project efforts to ensure that the project meets technical and process specifications.
- Tracks project plans and reports progress in writing and/or in presentations regularly in order to communicate status and as needed, escalate issues and recommend solutions to ensure achievement of QDC
- Formulates and takes corrective actions to mitigate deviations to the program plans and alerts management of potential problems when appropriate
- Utilizes various tools to evaluate the effectiveness of AQP including Gemba, management reviews, internal audits, feedback from internal and external customers, warranty data, and traceability, etc.
- Undertakes projects in the capacity of AQE as neededPerforms any other tasks assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or equivalent body of knowledge
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified – Black Belt preferred
- Knowledge of Industry specific quality registration (ISO/TS16949)
- 12 years of experience in quality engineering with minimum 3 years in managing a quality function in a manufacturing environment that has embraced lean concepts, QMS manufacturing practices, and progressive customer relationships.
- Experience in quality management, operations, lean manufacturing processes and visual management.
- Proficient in contemporary QC and QA tools such as QMS, APQP, LSS, SPC, PPAP, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes, lean implementation, and Op Ex
- Excellent interpersonal skills, mentor, team player and builder
- Professional in both customer and supplier interaction
- Collaborative and Participative management style
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and international)
- Strong customer service orientation and applied knowledge in Industrial Equipment such as compressors
- Good verbal communications, writing, and documentation skills along with good presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with management and executional level
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and motivate associates and to interact with various departments throughout the organization
- Project management and planning tools, measuring and monitoring of project activities and project documentation. Proficiency in information technology systems utilized in Quality Management Systems and process
- Ability to assign priorities in a fast-paced and changing environmentAbility to quickly and efficiently understand, condense, and organize information necessary to make decisions
- Ability to make progress by producing deliverables and completing projects in a multitasking environment
- Team oriented proactive change agent with a hands-on, collaborative approach in implementing and maintaining operating disciplines while leveraging lean methodologies
- New Product Development and Management of Change (AQP, PPAP, FMEA) applying Quality At the Source and poke-yoke methodologies
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter with a high energy level and a high commitment to career
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Jiangsu-China
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 26, 2018, 9:33:37 PM