Ingersoll Rand Project Management Team Leader Wujiang in Jiangsu, China
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Project Management Team Leader for Compression Technologies and Services has responsibility for leading the project management of engineered to order projects, achieving on time delivery of machines and engineering documents while meeting all customer specification requirements and business financial goals for the projects managed. This role will provide direct leadership to Project Managers on coordination of engineering and manufacturing schedules, order changes, assurance of quality standards, relations with customers, scheduling of activities, issue resolution, understanding contract requirements, providing technical support, and the utilization of project management processes and tools. The person in this role will need to have a depth of understanding around Project Management, solid business and financial acumen, and people leadership capability. This person should possess strong analytical skills to allow him or her to make decisions around a strategy of project management excellence for the team. This position will be fully accountable for meeting and exceeding on time delivery of equipment and documents, meeting all the customers’ requirements and fulfilling business financial targets.
- Own the execution of engineered to order projects.
- Ensure Project Management teams are using standard work to independently manage projects.
- Ensure customers` needs are being met through the entire life of an approved project plan including customer satisfaction and on time delivery. Understand root cause of when these deliverables are not met and assisting team in action planning to resolve.
- Ensure Project Management Team members are performing against key metrics including: on time delivery of products and documents, customer satisfaction index, and margin improvement booked vs. shipped.
- Conduct regular project reviews through MDI process to analyze current state and identify risk.
- Sponsor or lead process improvement activities within Project Management and interdependent functions.
- Give clear directions and instructions to both team members and stakeholders to enable them carryout their duties effectively.
- Encourage contributions and inputs from team members and other key stakeholders on the projects.
- Create vision and values by setting an organizational environment in which goals can be achieved. Encourage innovation and ensure that employees are trained to meet the needs of the organization.
- Provide effective communication and reporting to business leadership including customer escalations, major project status changes, and risk review results.
- Oversee business relationships with key customers and distributors during the project execution phase.
- Provide leadership to drive consistency in process to improve quality and reliability and meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Participate in the monthly/quarterly meetings and course correction plan development.
- Help to advance the careers of project team members by doing timely and accurate performance appraisals, and by providing training opportunities for advancement as well as work that stimulates learning.
- Develop talent management strategy based on strategic business plan in the areas of talent acquisition, employee development, employee engagement and retention.
- Accountability for the following Key Performance Indicators: On Time Delivery of Products and Documentation, Margin Enhancement from As Booked to As Shipped including Change Orders, Customer Satisfaction Index, and Revenue Forecasts.
- Bachelor's degree;
- 8 years’ experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated success leading teams
- Experience in a project engineering or application engineering position preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in the Industrial Industry preferred
- Project Management certification (PMI) preferred
- Lean Six sigma experience preferred
- Must have demonstrated team leadership and interpersonal skills, including people management and conflict resolution.
- Possesses a depth of knowledge in project management methodologies and practices as well as strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Change and transformation management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as executive presence.
- Collaboration and teaming skills.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Jiangsu-China
Job: Project Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 11, 2018, 3:28:29 AM