Ingersoll Rand Measurement and Verification Engineer in KNOXVILLE, Tennessee
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the completion of assigned complex or long-term engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines. Responsible for providing technical analysis, review, measurement, and verification of financially guaranteed projects. Provides technical analysis and review for performance monitoring or contracts. Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and three (3) years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Provides technical analysis/review for energy performance based projects; providing project risk assessment.
- Perform building walk-throughs and identify energy conservation measures (architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) in commercial, institutional and industrial facilities.
- Customizes software and spreadsheets to achieve desired technical results and presentations.
- Determines and proscribes best methods for measurement and verification of system performance during the acquisition phase.
- Conducts interim reviews during project construction to assess guaranteed impact of any changes to the original contract scope of work.
- Conducts Trane Metrix models for additions/changes to the facility that affect existing guarantees or for optimizing existing control strategies.
- Maps out/design project layout (Baseline information) in energy/utility accounting software.
- Analyses data output for trends and/or any deviations that need further investigating.
- Develops/streamlines existing reporting capabilities from a software standpoint and a usability perspective and investigate new technologies.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Responsible for reviewing contract documents and conducting job surveys.
- Assists in the preparation of cost estimates for projects.
- Provides engineering direction and support to other team members.
- Reviews equipment submittals for incorporation into design.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communication with staff, as needed, providing customer feedback.
- Some travel with occasional overnight stays up to 50%
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours and weekends as required.
* Position can also sit in Nashville*
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and three (3) years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and experience with HVAC, control, electrical systems and proficiency with energy analysis tools such as Trane TRACE and system analyzer. Working knowledge of cost and savings studies incorporating energy conversation measures.
Strong preference for a Certified Measurement & Verification Professional.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: KNOXVILLE-Tennessee
Other Locations: North America-United States-Tennessee
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 23, 2018, 3:06:26 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.