Ingersoll Rand Cash Application Analyst in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Cash Application Analyst will be responsible for recording payments from the lockbox, ACH, and wire transfer to customer accounts. The position requires the ability to work with multiple lockboxes that are tied to specific customer portfolios. Daily work volume is directly related to daily deposit volume that can fluctuate from day to day. This position is part of the Order to Cash organization with leadership from the Credit Support group within North America. Individual will be expected to be a change agent, a self-starter, driven for results and able to work effectively with Customer Account Analysts and business unit leadership.
This position will report directly to a Cash Application Supervisor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Identify and apply all cash, check, EFT/Wires and credit card payments from various sources, including foreign transactions.
- Communicate with internal & external Customers, Credit & Collections and Sales Offices with questions relevant to cash application.
- Identify and tag all customer remit discrepancies and short payments.
- Process customer account maintenance requests, including customer refunds.
- Research all questionable and non-posted items.
- Process and audit daily cash receipts to ensure accurate customer ledgers
- Perform Daily and Monthly balancing of assigned operating units including assisting with closing the AR sub-ledger.
- Identify AR sub-ledger variances to source systems and log appropriate tickets.
- Maintain, prepare and distribute daily and monthly reporting to Supervisor, and other stakeholders.
- Be effective problem solver when presented with variables in standardized situations.
- Undertake tasks as requested by the Team Supervisor that may involve testing and process improvement.
- Recommend process improvements and communicate these to the Team Supervisor.
- Knowledge & work experience: 2 years of cash application, accounts payable, or customer service experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment with heavy transaction volume.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required; BS/BA in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- Additional Skills (Computer & Technical): Must have excellent 10-key skills, basic computer knowledge with experience in spreadsheets, preferably Excel.
- Must be able to operate in a matrix reporting environment (manager could be offsite)
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written)
- Percentage of Travel: 0% overall
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 3, 2018, 9:15:10 AM