Ingersoll Rand Compressor Design Team Leader in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
As a leader in the Compressor Development and Technology Team, this Compressor Design Team Leader is responsible for all aspects of compressor design including design creation, change management during development, design for manufacturability, product cost, performance, quality, reliability, delivery of design deliverables to schedule, etc. In addition, the Compressor Design Team Leader creates and maintains the development schedule, plans and manages the work load of the design team and defines and approves work content that may be assigned to other functional resource groups such as the Ingersoll Rand Engineering Technology Centers, Networks of Excellence, Unitary and Applied Engineering, etc.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Responsible for all aspects of compressor design including pressure vessel / casting design, bearing design, involute and/or rotor profile, stress and deflection analysis, lubrication systems, seals, rotordynamics and vibration analysis, as well as specification of motors and drives.
- Responsible for management and approval of changes to the design throughout the design process from concept generation through release of all design deliverables.
- Responsible for following accepted design and review practices including DFMEA, DVP&R, design reviews utilizing subject matter experts, and others as specified in Ingersoll Rand’s Product Development process.
- Responsible for ensuring the design meets DFM requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the design is capable of meeting agreed-to reliability and quality requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the design meets agreed-to performance requirements.
- Responsible for generating cost targets and estimates for the design, and for ensuring the design meets the agreed-to cost goals.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of all required design deliverables.
- Responsible for planning and maintaining the development schedule and for delivering design deliverables according to the schedule.
- Responsible for defining, planning, and approving the work activities of the design team. This includes defining and approving work content that may be assigned to other functional resource groups such as Ingersoll Rand Engineering Technology Centers, Networks of Excellence, Unitary and Applied Engineering, etc.
- The Compressor Design Team Leader will function as the lead engineer for their product by acting to ensure due diligence is applied throughout the design process through coaching, mentoring and oversight of the design team. An example of due diligence in design would be making sure meaningful design reviews are conducted which include outside SMEs rather than just internal team members.
- 10-15% travel (including international) may be required.
- This position may include future supervisory responsibilities for the right candidate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and at least 8 years of experience in product development is required.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Project management experience or PMI certification is desired.
- Experience and long-term interest in the design and development of rotating machinery.
- Strong mechanical design and analytical skills, with practical “hands-on” hardware experience.
- Must be an effective team player with the ability to work with cross-functional or global groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience using project management software such as Microsoft Project is desired.
- Design for Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification is a plus.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 27, 2018, 9:49:05 AM