Ingersoll Rand Credit/Collections Intern in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® -work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary ：
This position is located in La Crosse, Wisconsin. Applicants must currently reside in the La Crosse area in order to be considered, as internships require year-round availability while attending school full time. This is an anticipated 1-year assignment with the possibility to continue until graduation. Hours are flexible, but students must be able to work 20 hours/week during the school year and up to 40 hours/week during summer and breaks. Workdays are flexible to accommodate student schedules within normal business hours.
- Develop a broad understanding of the values, beliefs, and processes required within the Financial Services organization and with Trane customers and sales offices.
- Provide phone support by handling incoming calls on a variety of items from Trane sales offices and Trane customers.
- Make small dollar and some larger dollar collection calls on outstanding accounts receivable.
- Reconcile customer accounts by applying customer payments, process account maintenance requests, and work with internal and external customers as needed to collect information.
- Email/fax invoice copies and account summaries to customers.
- Develop basic knowledge of risk assessment and receivable quality in the construction industry.
- Interact with internal and external customers, which requires varying forms of communication.
- Complete waivers of lien and requesting tax exempt forms.
- Run D&B credit reports and call for credit references as needed.
- Provide training for new interns and new hires.
- Develop and present on department best practices.
- Junior, full-time student status in a 4-year program with a business major required. Senior status may be considered in 2- or 4-year institution.
- Must be PC literate and proficient with MS Word and Excel.
- Must be detail conscious, responsible, dependable, and able to work well in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and build relationships with team personnel, Trane commercial offices, business units, and all Trane customers.
- Ability to effectively communicate decisions.
- Basic math skills required.
- French speaking skills preferred.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Type: Internship / Co-Op
Posting: Jul 3, 2018, 10:26:44 AM