Ingersoll Rand Engineering Project Leader in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progressaround the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family ofbrands—includingClub Car®,IngersollRand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,AmericanStandard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air inhomes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increaseindustrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to aworld of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information,visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary :
This Engineering Project Leader isresponsiblefor all aspects of equipment designfor Commercial HVAC scroll and screw chiller products. This includes, butis not limited to design creation, change management during development, designfor manufacturability, product cost, performance, quality, reliability, anddelivery of design deliverables to schedule. Depending on the size of thedesign project, the Engineering Project Leader will either own or collaboratewith the Program Management Office to create and maintain the developmentschedule, plan and manage the work load of the design team. TheEngineering Project Leader also defines and approves engineering work contentthat may be assigned to other functional resource groups such as the IngersollRand Engineering Technology Centers, Networks of Excellence, CompressorEngineering, Thermal Systems Engineering, Controls Engineering, etc.
Tobe successful, theEngineering Project Leader will need to collaborate closely with Scroll and ScrewChiller Engineering teams located in Pueblo, CO and La Crosse, WI along withsupport organizations located in Shanghai, China and Bangalore, India. Together these teams collaborate to deliver significant modifications toexisting product lines, development of new product lines and value engineeringprojects.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Defining, planning, and approving the engineering activities of the engineering team. This includes defining and approving work content that may be assigned to other functional resource groups.
- Design and release of scroll and screw chiller equipment designs. This includes heat exchangers, compressors, controls, electrical design, general assembly, and any other required subsystems.
- Specification, selection, and qualification of all purchased components/assemblies or internally supplied components. Supports PPAP needs as required including release to support PPAP timing.
- Responsible for management and approval of changes to the design throughout the design process from concept generation through release of all design deliverables.
- Follow accepted design and review practices including DFMEA, DVP&R, design reviews utilizing subject matter experts, and others as specified in Ingersoll Rand’s Product Development process.
- Incorporate DFM features to support efficient processes that are aligned with the manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for ensuring the design is capable of meeting agreed-to reliability and quality requirements.
- Compliance to agreed-upon marketing requirements. This includes but is not limited to performance requirements, cost goals, schedule, and other product feature sets.
- Collaborate with cross functional team and Program Management Office to coordinate NPD activities for successful product launch at manufacturing facilities.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams for the support sustaining and VAVE engineering activities.
- Effective use of the Ingersoll Rand Business Operating System (BOS).
- Both domestic and international travel will be required. Estimated travel time is 10-15%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and at least 10 years experience in product development or project leadership.
- Master's Degree is a plus.
- PMI certification is desired.
- Able to function as the lead engineer for their project or product by acting to ensure due diligence is applied throughout the design process through coaching, mentoring and oversight of the design team. An example of due diligence in design would be making sure meaningful design reviews are conducted which include outside SMEs rather than just internal team members.
- Experience with design and testing of HVAC equipment and/or sub-systems. Chiller system engineering competency is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate up, down, and across the enterprise organization.
- Familiarity with PLM, CAD, and 1D system simulation applications.
- Experience with project management software.
- Contribute to a winning culture by demonstrating high personal energy and a sense of urgency – while maintaining high integrity and ethical actions.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personaland financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our businessstrategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We arecommitted to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well asvalues the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, inturn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with IngersollRand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Other Locations: North America-United States-Colorado
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 22, 2018, 11:26:48 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.